✮ 𝟎𝟓𝟐 ✮

asgard is a people, not a place

MARLENE narrowed her eyes as she noticed the large demon dog about to feast on the Asgardians. She felt herself grow worried as Valkyrie, now clad in her old outfit, tried to get the gun Thor had added on the ship to work. When it finally fired, Marlene saw the dog not even budging at the fact that it was being shot at.

"I'm going down," Marlene said with narrowed eyes.

"Wait, Marlene–" Bruce called from the pilot's spot, but Marlene had already jumped from the ship while allowing her powers to flare up around her hands and arms. When she landed in a crouched position in front of Heimdall, she looked up with a glare at the dog who only growled.

"Good to see you, Savior," Heimdall greeted grimly.

"You, too, Heimdall," Marlene said back, her voice deeper than before. She began to run, not stopping when Valkyrie yelled out for her. Her only thoughts were on the people of Asgard and killing the Goddess of Death.

Flipping midair, she dodged the dog's first move to bite her. With a sneer his way, she used her magic to create a long rod of energy that she wrapped around the dog's neck. As it was struggling against her, she tried to get inside its head for it to fall asleep.

Marlene could see dead warriors beginning to climb on the bridge toward the Asgardians. Heimdall used the sword to fight them, but Marlene could not do two things at once.

She almost snickered as Bruce fell from the sky, landing with a loud crack in front of her riding the dog. Both she and the dog paused as the dog sniffed Bruce's mangled body.

Growling, he jumping over Bruce as Marlene flew off to fight the undead army once she saw the Hulk beginning to take form. Glad that she had help, she and Heimdall protected the Asgardians with fluid movements. It looked like a dance as the pair took out each soldier and the Hulk fought the angry dog in the water below.

Heimdall called out, "How do we get them out of here?"

Marlene watched as Valkyrie jumped down to help, and she turned her head to answer Heimdall when she saw something flying from the sky. A very large ship with its door open showed Loki standing there with a shit-eating grin on his face. Marlene laughed softly to herself, knowing Loki was going to be on there side for this, at least for this. She would take anything she could get with the God of Mischief.

Slamming her hand through the nearest undead soldier's head, she called to Heimdall, "We have help."

Heimdall turned just to see Loki raise his arms. The mischievous prince yelled, "Your saviour is here!" He laughed as the ship hovered next to the bridge. As the champions from Sakaar jumped from the ship to help fight, Loki landed next to Marlene and Heimdall. "Did you miss me?"

"Always do," she said dryly. "Everyone, on that ship now!" Marlene called to the Asgardians who did not waste a second before running to the open doors.

"Welcome home. I saw you coming," Heimdall said to Loki.

The man grinned. "Of course you did," Loki said as he watched Marlene twist midair and land on the ground, sending a wave of energy that knocked out three soldiers. "You are getting better, Marlene."

"Thanks, care to help?" Marlene sneered when he laughed. Her lips twitched at his laughter, not hearing the sound often.

Marlene and Loki both turned as they saw the biggest fucking bolt of lightning hit the palace. An explosion went off as everything grew dark for a moment. Heimdall was quickly leading people on the ship as Marlene and Loki fought off the soldiers with Valkyrie using her blade to help. Suddenly, Thor landed in front of them.