Chapter 18: By now you should know

I rushed home know I had made plans with Demetri I was wanting to get home so I could spend time with him and also discuss with him about him and Yasmine. I parked my car and rushed to the front where Demetri stood with his backpack.

"Sorry sorry I'm so sorry, the conference ran longer then expected, also I showed up later then expected. But hey guess who got the all valley back up and running" I said and Demetri gave me a side hug. "Wait you actually did it with your, 'karate got almost got me in jail' ass" he laughed. I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Exactly, seems that Karate didn't ruin my life but is making it better" I said as we then walked in.

As we walked through the doors the front desk lady smiled and got excited to see Demetri. "Oh hello Demetri it's been so long since you been here" she said then turned to me before Demetri could respond. "Oh y/n, Mrs. Amber needs you in her office" she smiled happily. I looked at her with confusion. "Must be a mistake,  I already had my random test this month."I leaned on the counter as Demetri signed in. "Oh it's not for that, she has great news" she said again with that cheesy smile, like she was trying to get me to. I raised and eyebrow in confusion.

   "I'll be back just head up to my room" me and Demetri walked away. "Any idea what it's about?" He whispered. "I have an idea, and it's not in my favor. I'll tell you everything after" I whispered back and he nodded. We fist bumped and split ways, him up my stars and me down the hall to Mrs. Ambers office. I was taking as small steps as possible compared to the long stride I normally had. I didn't wanna know what was behind that door, because if it's what I thought it was , either way im not gonna leave happy.

   I placed my hand on the door and opened it. "If this is that my parents left me money I'm -" I was cut off by 6 eyes staring me me. "Gonna be mad" I said lightly. "Y/n, so happy your here" she said walking up to me and placing a hand on my back.  I looked her expressionless and back at the two who where sat in seats in front of my desk.

  "This is Mr. and Mrs. Harrison, they are the couple from China who want to adopt you. " she again kept a smile. "It's great to meet y'all but I'm sorry it's not gonna happen" I said moving away and crossing my arms. "Y/n you love meeting new people, now Mr. and Mrs. H-" I stoped her. "That's not true, not true at all, in fact I don't like letting people in , if she told you this bullshit , what else did she tell you that I've never been in trouble with the law before." I said and Mrs. Amber coughed anxiously. "Sorry about that, but the Harrison's wanna talk to on a day trip and get to know you" she said placing a hand on my shoulder.

   "I don't know them, y'all seem like lovely people but-" Mrs Amber interrupted me and began to speak. "They are they have a clean record have great paying jobs and a loving home ready for-" I cut her off. "For another child that isn't me. They are perfect which is what I don't need, they aren't gonna understand my trama, or my mood swings, or anything, they are perfect and that's exactly what I don't need." I said my face beginning to get hot.

"Y/n you have no reason to not give them a chance" she said trying to persuade me. "Let me ask have then felt with someone who's an alcoholic, how about someone who's lost their parents due to fire, or how bout this one someone who almost killed someone" I yelled loud due to aggravated. My knuckles where white from me holding them in a fist.

I realized the room had gone silent and the same eyes that looked at me as I walked in, where looking at me once more. But the four connected to the couple now seemed fearful. I looked at them then looked at the ground and took a breath and looked up at Mrs. Amber. "See they wouldn't be able to handle me. I gotta go" I said walking away and out the door.

As I tried to dry my face and walk away I didn't hear the door close but yet I heard a voice call out to me. I turned to Mrs. Amber. I could hear the sound of her voice but couldn't make out what she said. "No Mrs. Amber, not once have you asked me what I wanted, what I would consider factors of a family. No you set me up with a family that wouldn't know the first thing. There's no way I can just run away and forget what's my past it's there I can't change it , you can't, and no damn picture perfect hallmark card family can either." I said and she stayed quiet and crossed her arms and looked down.