Chapter 20: Bucky?

Bucky?

~~~

I am now stuck in the middle in the backseat of the car between Natasha and Sitwell. I don't mind sitting next to Nat, but I really want to punch Sitwell right now. I glance at him before looking forward, tempted to ask him about the adoption papers.

I feel Natasha wrap her pinky around mine since she knows I am tense. "HYDRA doesn't like leaks," Sitwell quickly says.

"Then why don't you try sticking a cork in it?" Sam asks looking back at him through the mirror.

"Insight's launching in sixteen hours," Natasha says leaning forward towards Steve, "We're cutting it a bit close here."

"I know," Steve replies, "We'll use him to bypass the DNA scans and access helicarriers directly."

"What?" Sitwell asks as Natasha sits back, "Are you crazy? That is a terrible, terrible idea."

There is a thud on top of the car and Sitwell is pulled out of the window and thrown in front of a car. Natasha and I watch as the figure climbs to the roof. Natasha moves into Steve's lap and I move to the seat Sitwell was in and I curl up to try and protect myself in some way.

Bullets then begin to enter the vehicle and Steve quickly puts the car into park. The figure flies off the car and my eyes go wide when I see who it is. "It's him," I tell them, "The Winter Soldier."

The man stop on the highway from sliding anymore. "You have got to be kidding me," I say as he stands up.

Natasha pulls up her gun to shoot at him, but a car collides in the back our ours causing us to move forward. The Winter Soldier jumps onto the roof of the car and I grab my sword from under the seat.

Then a hand comes through the front window pulling the steering wheel off. "Shit!" Sam screams.

Natasha begins to shoot and I push my sword through the top of the car. The car keeps moving, but then it is hit to the side and we hit the side wall. "Grab Evalina!" Steve shouts to Sam.

Sam grabs me and pulls me into his body and then Steve grabs Sam and Natasha. "Hang on!" Steve shouts as the car flips and we are all on top of his shield gliding on the highway.

Sam is let go, which means I am too. I roll on the street in front of him and grunt quietly as I come to a stop by pushing my sword into the ground. I stand up, but then see the Winter Soldier with a grenade launcher. I watch as he pulls the trigger and I jump over the edge of the highways onto the street below me.

My eyes go wide as I land on top of car and my sword flies out of my hand. "Son of a bitch," I say as I roll off.

I get up and see the a truck hit a bus. I quickly run over to where my sword is and I grab it. People look at me with wide eyes as I run towards the bus. I get there and I see Steve helping people out. I jump in and help the rest of the people and then help Steve out. "Thanks," he says once we are step onto the street.