Leatherface x Male Reader

💢trigger warning💢 body horror (only his mask)

- the body horror warning is in reference to the infamous skin mask leatherface wears, happy reading -

Y/n your name

3rd POV

   The neighbors were... Odd, to say the least. Y/n had taken a job on a little farm out in texas, and the farm next door was very odd.

   The almost inhuman screaming started again, like clockwork, from the other farm down the road as y/n loaded bundles of hay into the back of his pickup truck, wiping his brow and staring into the distance.

   "What the hell are they doing over there?" Y/n thought aloud to himself. He wanted to go over to the neighbors place and tell them to knock off whatever they were doing, but he didn't know what he would be up against if he did, and by the sounds of the animals over there he didn't want to find out.

   Y/n was by no means weak, he had a toned body from years of farm work, and he had an iron will, people were convinced that nothing could scare him. But something told him that he shouldn't be messing about in other people's business, especially not now.

   "Ah what the hell..." Y/n muttered, dropping everything and jogging off, towards the screams.

   "Ok y/n, you'll just go up there, ask 'em if they need any help, and leave afterwards! Good plan y/n, good plan..." The boy muttered to himself, slowing his jog to a fast walk, reaching the other house.

   The farmhand confidently knocked on the door, surprised when it's not only unlocked, but also open. Y/n peers inside and calls out for anyone who might be inside, though not entering for fear of being rude.

   Y/n saunters around the front lawn of the house, before spotting someone through a window. A smile shoots across y/n's face as he'll now get some answers and he waves at the figure in the window gleefully.

   The smile on the boys face immediately falters when he sees what opens the door, he quickly tries to regain composure as he stares at a huge man, wearing a woman's face. His makeup was smeared across the dried face atop his own and he seemed to stare directly into y/n's soul.

  "H..howdy.. neighbor!" Y/n greets, trying to find confidence in the face of near certain death. "I'm uh... The farmhand from the um.... From the farm down the road... I was uh... Just on break here and hmm.... Wondered if you wanted any of my... My help?" Hands trembling in his pockets, y/n continued.

   The beast before him tilted his head a bit and gave his lips a lick, looking back into the house for a moment as if to check that y/n was really speaking to him.

   Y/n could hear mumbling from the large man in front of him but couldn't make out what he was saying, he was about to step forward and ask the man to repeat himself before something smacked into his lower back, causing him to stumble forwards but not fall.

   "Aren't you a sweaty fella! What 'cha doin here pal?" A slim, dirty, man asked y/n, his hands now mindlessly figetting with something instead of smacking the farmhand.

   "I uh... Was just asking this um... Man... Here if y'all needed any help? See I'm working at the farm down the road... And uh... I didn't have nothing to do...." Y/n hesitantly repeated, earning a sadistic sounding laugh from the twitchy man before him.

   "Well... If y'er so keen on helpin out, why don'cha help my little brother Bubba with the pig slaughter?" The man giggled, y/n's cracked smile almost faltering again. Y/n agreed to help, out of pure curiosity, what exactly was this family slaughtering.

   Leatherface and y/n walked a while together in silence, it was uncomfortable and y/n wanted to get out somehow. The Texas sun felt like it was following them with it's heat and tall grass scratched at the pairs ankles.

   "Mighty fine farm you've got here uh... Bubba? Did he say that was your name?" Y/n tried his best to make conversation, earning a grunt in return.

   "Not a big talker, eh?" The smaller man asked, trying to make light of his terrifying situation. Leatherface turned to look at y/n, who was very obviously swallowing the lump stuck in his throat.

   When the much larger man turned back around something caught his eye, wild strawberries. Y/n seemed to notice where Leatherface was looking and followed his gaze, a small smile tugging at his lips as he too, spotted the strawberries.

   "I love wild strawberries... They're much sweeter than the store bought ones, and they're too darn cute." Y/n commented, catching the terrifying form next to him give him a glance.

   "Wanna pick 'em with me? We can share if you'd like!" The farmhand exclaimed, looking to Leatherface hopefully. The large man looked to the strawberries, then to y/n, and shrugged, getting down onto his knees to grab a strawberry.

   Y/n was happy with this outcome, picking a few strawberries for himself, the terrifying figure now seeming much gentler among the berries and the lush grass.

   "My name's y/n by the way. What's yours?" Y/n said with a mouth full of sweet little strawberries. The air had a sugary smell to it and the boys sat together in the grass, legs crossed, eating berries from their palms.

   Hearing some scratching noises instead of words, y/n looked down to see the bigger man writing in the dirt. 'Jed'. It was scribbly and not very well done but the Leatherface seemed proud.

   "Lovely to meet you Jed! You're pretty sweet actually." Y/n stuck his hand out for a shake, instead Leatherface gingerly placed a strawberry into his palm. Y/n's smile grew more as he popped the fruit into his mouth, and handed Jed two of his own.

   The sun seemed cooler here, not as angry, and the sounds of the bugs were no longer a grim reminder of the creepy crawlies under foot, instead they were little friends of which the two men sitting in the tall grass would share their fruity spoils with. A hot and stressful day turned into a picnic with a new friend.

   "You know Jed? I think we might be friends now." Y/n smiled, strawberry seeds stuck in his teeth. Leatherface smiled right back at him.

To be continued?

If this shot gets some positive feedback I'll make a part 2 or something, I just wanted something kind of short and sweet for today, thanks for reading.

1111 words