Chapter 37

He

The sky was dark and was littered with countless stars from above, a man was sitting in his office from a faraway land, thousand of miles away from his motherland.

Eyes like that of a Phoenix, sharp and cunning containing no passion in his life, like a machine continuing to work with no stop.

"How's the project you've been eyeing on?" His voice contained the frigidity of winter as his eyes flickered on the screen.

"I already have my hands full, I think you'll like it though" the man behind the screen was Wu Rong Heng, his friend and both his 'rival'.

"No thanks, I still have to tweak some additional things first" his lips smirk, this man is as cunning as he is, thinking that he'll get this hot potato presented to him just like that?

There are no eternal friends and enemies, one must always remember that.

"I'll be leaving now, I have to call my son first"

"How's Ruo Ruo?" He has seen his child, a naive and foolish one, shelters by his parent's love and care.

He sneered at that thought, Wu Ring Heng was rumored to be a cruel man hiding in that gentle smile of his but when it comes to teaching his son, he becomes foolish and soft-hearted.

He was just killing his son's future and endangering him by keeping him locked up in an ivory tower.

He and his wife were known to be callous and smart but in this situation, all of them became fools due to their love towards their son.

He too had dreamt of having his parents protect and love him, care for him when he's sick and read his bedtime stories at night.

It was nothing but a foolish dream when he meets his true family, they just needed someone to pass their riches and fame to. They did not love him, all they see was a puppet to be controlled and extend their legacy.

Family, those words are something that he could never attain in this life, perhaps he did in his childhood days with her but now, she was dead and their memories are nothing but a hole in his heart.

"He's fine, he was saved together with a child-"

"Did you investigate the child?" He cannot be blamed for being suspicious after all one mistake and their plans would fail.

"My wife already did and they were clear" he nodded and he, on the screen, ended the call.

He was left alone again, for years it has been like this but she was still there. Now, it's just their bittersweet
memories that are living in his head.

...

Juan woke up with her back drenched in a cold sweat, her eyes were brimming with tears as she stopped the whimpers from her lips. She took a huge breath and repeatedly exhale and inhale till she became calm.

She dreamt of the flood, the water filling her lungs, and her life draining from her little by little. The moment she found out about JuJu and the fear that has covered her whole body knowing she, JuJu, might have died.

It was terrifying.

"Mommy? What happened?" She blinks and looks down to see JuJu's drowsy expression.

She couldn't even open her eyes and her body was curled like a satisfied cat. She caressed her head and kissed her forehead before urging her to sleep.

"Mommy's fine, let's sleep now" she gently hums her a song and lulled her to sleep.

She too soon closed her eyes, trying to forget about the what if's and the memories of that tragedy.

JuJu is alive, she is now slowly getting out of her mud-stained legs and is on her way to let her child live a life in peace and without the fear of hunger.

She is getting better in her life, the past shouldn't be mentioned again, she too had to forget him.

***
Chapter 37 is up!

Who do you think is that guy from above? Who is this him from Juan's memories?

Well, have a great day everybody! Stay safe and healthy!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE

Thank you!