drunk in love

*3/3 of the birthday chapters and one I think you'll all enjoy. It is my longest chapter but probably my favorite. There will be specific songs used so I recommend listening to them when you see them.*

November 3rd, 1976

-Adelaide-

After their preparation period, the girls were posing for one another as they swooned over one another. Marlene had stolen a black buttoned-up top that she left open, she paired it with a pair of black ankle boots and patterned white high-waisted pants. Lily went for a blue and red plaid skirt with a red turtleneck that hugged her curves, she added some signature gold jewelry. Mary went for black flare jeans and a white shirt underneath an oversized button-up that looked suspiciously like one Gideon's but the girls chose not to mention that. Dorcas decided on a monochromatic outfit as she paired her baggy purple jeans with a tight purple top that complemented her complexion. Adelaide went all-black with a tight black tank top and skirt look that she matched with a pair of black gogo boots. She looked at Sirius's jacket that lay on her bed and decided to throw it on to complete her look.

In the boy's dorm, Sirius and James were throwing compliments back and forth as Remus and Peter watched. James had chosen a black shirt and pants look with a short sleeve charcoal button-up thrown on the top. Peter went with black jeans, a white tee, and a tan flannel fit that was comfortable but still stylish. Remus cleaned up nice, sporting a pair of tan pants with a white turtleneck that he layered with a blue long sleeve on top. Sirius unknowingly matched Adelaide as he also went for an all-black look. He had a black button-up that was undone at the top, a pair of tight black jeans, and black boots with some subtle jewelry. When he put on his new leather jacket to finish off his outfit he felt something small and cold in the sleeve against his left wrist, deciding that he would mention it to Adelaide when he saw her.

The group all met down in the common room and took in the sight of one another

"Well, boys don't you all look fantastic,"  Adelaide said as she smiled at the marauders. James and Sirius took this as an opportunity to strike a pose while Peter blushed and Remus sent her a cheeky wink causing the girl to laugh.

"Look who's talking. You, like always mon cœur, are a sight for sore eyes." Sirius replied as he stepped forward, taking her hand and laying a kiss on the back of it. The blonde smiled warmly at his gesture.

Remus, Mary, Peter, Marlene, and Dorcas all shook their heads knowingly, all wondering how long it would be before the two ended up together.

"You look beautiful Lily," James said softly, no exaggerated compliments, no nicknames, just pure sincerity in his voice as he gazed at her.

This took the red-head by surprise, "Thank you James... you look rather nice as well."

The boy's eyes widened in shock upon hearing her, "You said my name..."