24"

Zenevieva walked through the empty streets, a triumphant grin on her face as the surrounding fires slowly died down and the ash on the floor blew away

She knew Tom and Dumbledore would soon be hearing what had happened and knew that Tom would be fuming; coming here himself to kill her.

Zenevieva had it all planned out, this was her time and by the Tom got there she'd be long gone.

She called for Andreas watching him glide in the sky past the charred roof tops.

He dived down, landing behind her, flapping his wings powerfully and bowing his head to her.

Zenevieva was about to climb onto his back when her attention was caught.

A cry sounded from the opposite side of the street.

She tilted her head to the side, stepping down from Andreas and stalked towards the opposite side of the street, levitating the rubble away that was blocking the entrance to a house.

Zenevieva walked around the house, searching for the source of the crying, her wand lit and the crunching of the rubble beneath her feet.

Climbing the rickety staircase the crying became louder.

Pushing open the door to a small child's bedroom, the crying, once again, became louder.

She could't see anything but they were without a doubt there.

A broken baby crib laid in the corner of the room, baby blankets scattered across the room, charred and burning.

Her eyes flickered over a chest of draws.

Walking over she reached out and wrapped her hand around the handle.

Pulling it open she retracted her hand quickly.

There laid a new born baby; wrapped up in a bundle of blankets wailing loudly.

It opened it eyes, staring at Zenevieva, stopping crying. It's fresh tears running down it's face.

Zenevieva reach down, running a finger down the baby's cheek, wiping away the tears hesitantly.

The baby only stared back at her, looking into her eyes.

Slowly, she reached forwards, picking up the baby and cradling it in her arms.

The baby didn't start crying but still remained silent.

The two of them looked at each other for a few minutes; neither dared to make a sound.

Finally, Zenevieva let out a huff of annoyance, pulling the blankets around the baby tighter.

She couldn't leave a child to die alone; she should of really. The woman was in no way mentally equipped to look after a child, but there was something about children. Perhaps it was their innocence, their delicacy, all of which she'd lost. But she couldn't leave it to die.

She Ran a finger over the baby's head where thick dark hair had started to grow before grabbing a few discarded blankets that were thrown around the room and wrapping more around the baby.

It was cold on the back of a dragon.

Approaching Andreas, she stepped cautiously.

Holding her hand out she stroked his snout gently before holding the baby out in front of him.

Andreas leaned forwards, his large dark eye scanning over the bundle in Zenevieva's arms.

Zenevieva looked perfectly calm, not at all as if Andreas could suddenly burn the child alive if not excepted by him.

He leaned even further down, his snout centimetres away from the baby's nose.

Andreas opened his mouth revealing his rows of sharp teeth, a glow at the back of his throat.

Zenevieva looked from Andreas to the baby intrigued, she didn't retract.

Slowly, Andreas closed his mouth a puff of wind through his nostrils making the baby's light hair ruffle.

Andreas once again bowed his head, leaning down for Zenevieva to clamber on.

She did so, holding onto his spines tightly, the baby in her arms.

He beat his wings sending ash and dust into the sky as they rose above the smoke and desolation of the village.

As they flew over the broken and burning buildings Zenevieva couldn't help but smile.

She'd finally made her mark, and they'd be a lot more to come.

Tom Riddle finally knew of Zenevieva Gaunt.

He finally knew she was coming for him, and Zenevieva wanted him to fear her.

She just hoped she hadn't lost too many of her men in the process.

Landing back at the castle she made sure Andreas was being looked after properly before retreating to her room.

She watched the baby sleep from where she'd placed it on her bed while she stood by the window.

Walking over she pulled the blankets right around the child

"Anala Ara Gaunt" Zenevieva spoke, deciding on a name for baby girl that slept soundly as she brushed the hair on her head.

Zenevieva Gaunt was not the kind of woman that was loving and kind and fair, but who would stop her from raising the child?

Who would dare stop her?