Partners in Crime | Alternate Ending 1

A/N: So! Here's another way the previous chapter could've gone, this was actually my first draft lol. It would have been an interesting way to see what happens. Anyways, enjoy!

***

Yesterday:

"Remind me why exactly I have to sleep so early today?" Ahsoka grumbled in irritation as she faced a stony-faced, unamused Anakin.

"Because you have online classes tomorrow, and they're earlier than usual! Wouldn't want to be embarrassed because you were late, would you?"

"I don't give a kriff," Ahsoka began, irritation seeping into her tone as she continued, "I can survive two hours of classes with two hours of sleep! Simple logic, Master."

"No, Ahsoka. You are going to get some rest right now, or you won't be able to stay awake during your classes tomorrow."

"Yes, I can!"

"Ahsoka Tano."

"Pulling out the full name card, now are we?" The Togrutan Padawan sneered in Anakin's direction. "I. Will. Survive. Class."

"I'm not afraid to put you to sleep forcefully, Ahsoka!" The latter returned, words weighted and speaking through clenched teeth.

"Try me!"

Their argument went on, and on until at least midnight. Both were stubborn, and hell-bent on making the other turn and see reason. Eventually, Anakin relented, but not brashly, not without reason. He'd once been a Padawan himself, and he most certainly knew the stresses of the compact, one-hour-long lectures. He decided to change Ahsoka's mind a different way; he just needed to let his plan play out.

***

Present-time:

"Alright, Snips," it's time to get up! Anakin Skywalker shouted at his apprentice at five in the morning, grinning internally. She was going to get a massive reality check about sleeping and classes today.

No response.

Anakin had expected this. In fact, his entire plan relied on this crucial first step to fall into place, otherwise, it would take a ship-load of improvisation for it to work, and Ahsoka wouldn't learn her lesson. Thus, he quietly slipped out his holopad and his index finger hit record.

"Ahsoka!" he sang again, pressing a gentle hand against her forehead as he sent her a powerful signal through their Force bond. "Wakey-wakey!"

The Togrutan Padawan stirred as her still-heavy eyelids fluttered open after a good minute. "Morning Master," she muttered, voice heavily-laced with sleep. "I'm up."

"Good," the Knight told her, smirking broadly. "Are you ready for some early-morning sparring?"

Ahsoka stopped mid-yawn as her azure eyes widened. "Wha-what?" she stuttered anxiously. "Morning sparring? But it's 5:00 am!"

Anakin feigned confusion, also mixing in just a pinch of concern. "We always spar at this time of day for warm-up, Snips," he told her seriously. "Are you sure you're alright?"

"I am!" The Padawan insisted stubbornly. "Let's go spar, just let me grab my sword."

Yeah, she's definitely out of it today.

"Sword, Snips?"

"I meant lightsaber!" Ahsoka huffed indignantly, promptly ignoring the snide remark as she stormed past her Master.

Moments later, she re-emerged, lightsaber clipped on her belt. "C'mon," was all she said as she bee-lined towards the door.

***

"Alright Snips, you ready?" smirks an unhealthily giddy Anakin.

"More than ready, Master." Ahsoka yawned in reply. Contrary to the young Skywalker, however, the Togrutan Padawan was quickly approaching the brink. Her Master was energetic, and ready for anything the Force decided to throw at him that day. She, on the other hand, could barely keep her heavy, lead-like eyelids open. But, Ahsoka refused to admit defeat as she straggled on.

Anakin's brilliant azure blade exploded from the delicate, yet deadly metal hilt with a hshh! as the glow of the saber filled the dimly-lit training room. He drew a passive-aggressive stance, gripping his blade in front of his face, as if holding a torch. "Where are your manners today, Ahsoka?" He taunted his apprentice, as the thin beam of plasma transitioned to a well-known aggressive attack stance for Form V, Djem So users. Not gonna greet me like I did you?"

Ahsoka bared her teeth, grinding them harshly against one another, refusing, yet dismally failing to hide her fatigue from the ever-so-observant Anakin. She pulled her saber from her belt, rolling it around in her palm for a good five seconds. The teenaged Togruta tried to find her confidence while she readied the lightsaber — yet, she couldn't. Ahsoka simply couldn't shake the unnerving feeling in the pit of her stomach that something was wrong.

The Padawan glanced down at he lightsaber in her hand, eyes widening comically in shock.

So that's why it felt so awkward.

She had no choice however, as Anakin began to get impatient with some amusement intertwined. Instead of her signature emerald green appearing from the cylindrical hilt, a blazing yellow appeared instead.

***

A/N: hey everyone! It's been a little while since I last updated this book lol. I think the title and first A/N explains enough 😂 but this is another outcome (part one of two) on how the previous chapter could've gone. Sorry it's much shorter than my 1.2k wpc (words per chapter) average lol. Anyways.

Comment! Vote! See you next update!

- Jazzy