C H A P T E R 28

° ° °

Just like what she told Lisa in her text message, Chaeyoung went out to see an old friend of hers.

And because this friend of hers owns a bar, this is where they decided to meet up.

Chaeyoung was smiling from ear to ear when she entered her friend's bar—excited. And since it was still in the middle of the afternoon, not a lot of people were in there.

She then walked towards the counter where a bartender is making some cocktails. "Uhm, hi. Excuse me. Is the owner here?"

The bartender looked up at her. And after staring at her face for almost three seconds, he nods. "Yeah, why?"

"Oh," she almost grimaced, not expecting too much eye contact. "I was just wondering if maybe you could—"

"Roseanne!"

Her head quickly turned in the direction where she heard her friend's voice. And upon seeing him, her eyes glistened.

"Loren!"

The young man smiled and greeted her with open arms. In which she immediately ran into. Hugging him tightly.

She met Loren through a record store back in Melbourne almost seven years ago. They were so young back then. Roseanne would always get shy and embarrassed whenever she would remember how they met. For her, it was the most cringiest yet straight from a k-drama movie kind of first meeting.

They happen to grab the same vinyl record that time and they had eye contact that lasted for more than five seconds. It was embarrassing! Nevertheless, since they were both Koreans who have the same tastes in music, they became friends in a short amount of time.

It appears that Loren was a performer at one of the bars there in Melbourne. However, he was just a temporary migrant. Soon after they met, they had no choice but to say goodbye to each other. But they promised to keep in touch.

That's why Roseanne is so thrilled to meet him again after she arrived in Korea.

"Hi! How are you?" she exclaimed before pulling out from their hug. "How long has it been? 6? 7 years?"

He chuckled. "Honestly, I lost count too."

She started wandering her eyes around the place. "This place looks wonderful. I'm loving it. It really screams—"

"Perfection?" he continued for her with a playful grin.

Chae shook her head with a small smile. "—You."

Loren squinted his eyes at her. "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

Chuckling, she answered. "Both."

This made the both of them burst out laughing.

"Anyway, how are you these past few years?" Chae asked. "Do you still perform?"

"Yeah, I'm also a DJ now."

Her mouth parted in awe as she unconsciously claps cutely. "Wow, that's amazing. I bet you look super cool when you DJ."

"You can watch me tonight if you want." he offered.

Both of her eyebrows raised. "Really?"

"Yeah, I could also perform your favorites."

"You'd do that for me? How sweet." she jokingly teased.

Loren let out a scornful laugh. "May I remind you that you were the one who wanted to meet me, not the other way around. So don't make it look like I'm the sweet one here, okay?"