🌙34| Temptations

Breaking away from the kiss, he turned his back on me. I quickly scurried to stand in front of him. Looking away, he fumbled with his lips, before talking. "I'm sorry. It was a mistake. Don't come here again." I rolled my tongue and grabbed his collar with anger. It was obvious from his deep response to my kiss that he still loves me. But why is he denying after raising my hopes up.

"No! You're lying. Why did you respond to my kiss then? I can see right through your eyes." He turned away with his wavery eyes. "Take it as you wish. I won't entertain your questions anymore."

Before I could utter another word, he turned his back on me and resumed walking. Burning with rage and desperation, I don't know what took over me. I felt a burst of energy in me, just like the day before. I couldn't control myself this time too. It was as if someone had taken control over my body.

My hands spread wide exposing an excruciating outburst of power. With my eyes raging from a light blue to dark blue color. Staring anxiously over his direction for minute, I felt a strong energy in me running all over my body.

It was difficult to stand up properly while my hair dismantled from the bun, running in the air like a kite. With my eyes wide open, my pupil surrounded with blue light as my hands spread out.

  A blast followed up when my eyes soared up with a darker light. My body emitted a dark aura engulfing me as I tried to remain sane. Stumbling back after the short blast, Max suddenly turned around, glaring at me in shock.

  "Clara!" he screamed glaring at me with flickering eyes. I couldn't answer his call when I tried to talk. It was even difficult for me to lower my hands too.

The ground shook when my eyes soared up again. The birds escaped from their nest flapping their wings for safety and squirrels looked desperately for refuge. With the commotion, the dark aura around me started to consume me slowly, erupting my sense of priority.

  "Clara!" he screamed. But this tim, he run back to me falling back just a feet from me. When he tried to stand up, the dark aura engulfed me slowly, strangling me by my neck. I couldn't breathe properly while a tear run down my cheeks.

My body felt weak after doing this. I could see the trees moving back and forth to the tune of the wind.  After a short kick on my neck, I touched my face, struggling to keep my eyes open. I collapsed on the floor and lost consciousness completely. My eyes grew dim, returning back to normal. She supported me, clinging to my hand.

I drifted off to sleep in her arms as Max dashed to us. The dark aura subsided, but still kept hovering around me.

  "Clara?" he yelled rushing to me. Cathy lowered her hands to pull my body up into her arms. Cathy rushed to me checking up my pulse. "Her pulse's disoriented. It seems she has been practicing magic with inconsistency."

He looked up surprised and confused. Holding me up in his arms, he rushed for his cottage and bashed the door open. He carried me in his arms with much difficulty and with the speed of bolt, got inside. When he managed to put me on the sofa, he stepped back holding his wounded part with his hand with a silent wince.

"Are you okay? Take these herbal medicine. I took them from the hospital. I'll change your dressing after checking her?" He didn't really listen to what she said. His eyes were on me as I laid immobile on his sofa. "Why did she collapse?" Sighing, he sat by me.

"Her powers are developed now. This happened to me a year ago. But it wasn't yet time for her. I think she forced herself to practice a high level magic, probably the life exchange magic." As he blinked his eyes, he turned to Cathy remembering the name of that magic. It was the same thing he required to save himself the day Ian stroke him.