7.

Donghee had just got out of the elevator of the apartment building

Donghee had just got out of the elevator of the apartment building. Her heart still felt heavy from the events today. She already felt heavy after being told her father was back in Neocity, but to have her whole family be bad mouthed - she simply couldn't handle it.

Donghee didn't know what she was meant to do. The whole time she walked, it felt like chains were being dragged along with her. Where was the sense of being free? It was nowhere to be found. The moment her mother left was the moment that freedom left.

Donghee opened her apartment door with her key, walking inside like a zombie. She did the usual - she ate, showered, unpacked her belongings and then plopped herself onto her bed. Donghee looked up at the ceiling.

The female's deep overthinking thoughts were cut off by the sound of her phone ringing.

markerina markus is calling...

"Yes?" Donghee replied with half the energy.
"Yo hold up you sound tired. Should I call you back later?" Mark asked.

At least he noticed, Donghee thought to herself.

"No it's okay, what's up?" Donghee forced a happy tone in her voice.
"I just wanted to call you to remind you to eat well and be careful now that your dad is back in town. Okay?" Donghee felt her heart warm up. He cared. He cared for her like how she wanted her real brother to. It hurt her to think about it though. She felt unwanted.

"Actually Mark can you just do me a favour?" Donghee had an idea in her head. It was a stupid idea, but it was worth a shot.
"Depends, what is it?"
"I need you, the ace, to do some hacking research for me because I can't hack to save my fucking life. Can you look into one of the patients at the hospital? Nam Jihyeon."
"Why am I doing this?"
"Markus just do it please, I'll explain next time when I have the brain power."
"Yea yea fine whatever. Alright rest up kiddo, I have a drug deal in a few minutes so I gotta go get some drugs."
"Markus you sound like an eshay."
"Don't know what that is. Okay bye!"

With that, Mark hung up the phone call. Donghee placed her phone down on her bedside table. She flipped herself to her side, looking over at her wardrobe.

"You have to hide sweetie, please." The 33 year old woman gently pat her 5 year old's head.

Pain. Nothing but pain was felt. Was the young girl scared? Of course. In fact, she was terrified.

"Mummy? Where is oppa?" The young girl asked, referring to her one year older brother.
"Hyuckie is at a sleepover, remember?" Her mother said softly.
"I want Hyuckie~ He said he was going to play with me.." The younger whined, unaware of the drunk man in their driveway.

"Baby if you sit in here until I say so, you can play with your brother as much as you want." Oblivious, Donghee happily nodded her head. She walked into the wardrobe. Her mother handed her a pair of earmuffs, putting them on her head.

"Mummy it's summer.."
"I know it's summer but just wear them okay? If you don't, then spiders are going to crawl inside." Her mother said, gently caressing her small hands.
"Yes mummy.." She obeyed.

Her mother pulled her into a warm and loving hug, knowing very well that it might be the last hug they share.

"Mummy loves you so much baby. You know that, don't you?"
"I love mummy too! Mummy is my favourite." The child smiled widely.

The front door opened.

"Okay, mummy has to go. You stay here until mummy comes back. I love you." Her mother placed a small kiss on her forehead. She stood up, sliding the wardrobe door closed.

Long and slow minutes passed. The most that Donghee heard was a scream, a loud agonising scream. There was the sound of shattering glass.

A divorce. Donghee didn't know what it meant, but she heard it. Alcohol. Donghee knew that word very well. Love. She wasn't familiar with the word, but she had an idea.

"You left me..you left me with someone you told me to avoid." Donghee's cried her soft and quiet. Her tears rolled down from her eyes and down to her pillow.

She knew the word 'divorce' very well now. Love? She still barely knew the word - the feeling. What did it mean to be loved? Was love the abuse she went through? Surely not. What was it then? Was she ever going to find out?

Was there any love for her in the world?

this book is gonna be angst..at least I want it to be
honestly, it's not gonna as interesting and like theories and plot compared to mute.
i want bandage to be angst, character development, not too much plot and theory - whereas mute was very much the opposite