Chapter 14

**Previously**
"Dauntless" I smoothly replied. What's the worse he could do? He pretended like he was thinking, when in reality he just wanted to keep the suspense going. Something's up...Damn you Zucchini!

"I dare you to..."
**************************************
...allow us to give you peace serum" he finishes.

I stare at him in awe. We were all speechless. GENIUS! Why couldn't of I thought of that. I mentally face palmed myself. All eyes were either on me or Zeke.

Should I do it? I heard they put some of the stuff in Amity bread. Ha, probably why their so high all the time. I snickered at the thought. "ok, I'll do it. But later because I wanna see the other dares before I go all hippy on y'all." I said In a over happy hillbilly voice.
"Deal" Zeke agreed.

We shook on it and I sat back down. "Mr. Lawley!" I yelled at Jc. Fear flashed through his eyes. Good.
"Choose your fate" I told him in a deep voice.

"Dare" he replied flatly.

"You don't seem to excited?" I asked smartly.

He rolled his eyes and said, "just give me the dang dare already."

Hmmmm. A light bulb suddenly formed in my mind.

"I dare you to go tell humble that you got Lily pregnant while me and someone else watches you to make sure you did it" I told him while smirking. This would be fun. Humble was Lily's brother from Amity. There not so much on good terms because she ranked higher than him. But They'll always be there for each other and since he's older he would be the overprotective brother.

Uriah suddenly shoots his hand up. "Can I come with you?" he asked hopefully. I nodded and told him to come along. Eric had to come with us since he was one of the only leaders with the access of serums. Great, juuust great.

We all walked in silence. Out of anticipation, Zeke and Uriah were in the lead while me and Eric milled behind them.

"Look-" he started, "I'm really sorry about today." He says. I was slightly appealed. Mr.Malicious actually apologized. I started into his eyes.

Should I forgive him?

He looked at me pleadingly. I nodded and looked straight ahead. I felt a small pang in my chest. As much as I hated to admit it, I still had feelings for him. What could I say? I liked bad boys...but under all of the ruthlessness and intimidation act, there was a guy who could sweep you off you feet with a charming smile.

We finally reached his office. He placed the key in its hole and opened the door. I looked around. The place was pretty tidy. Like expected, everything was dark. There was a dark brown mahogany desk in the center of the room. Cabinets were by the wall on either side of the desk. This office looked really familiar. Realization hit me like a ton of bricks. This was my uncle Jay's office. He was my mother's brother, he transferred from erudite before my mom. Me and uncle J were pretty close. He would always let be draw on the walls and then he would place frames of random objects over them. When my mother left at 5 he started drinking like my dad, but he wasn't bad. Calum and I would always take care of him. Kian really never gave a sh¡t about him. Calum and I were always uncle J's favorite. But later, when I was about 10, he commuted suicide. He left me and Calum letters, but we never opened them. You see how I said 'letters'? Yeah, well he made this box and inside were different envelops with writing on them. Some would say, 'when your upset' or 'when you want to follow in my steps'.
I've opened all of them except one: 'when you fall in love'. I was actually going to open it the day before Eric's choosing. But things when down hill from there, didn't it? Like I said before, I was in love with him. But I'm to much of a pansy cake to open the damn letter.