Khawaish

Khawaish
A desire for something

I grabbed the first thing that touched my hand, hitting on the floor. It made a small thud as the soft pillow met with my white, shinning marble flooring. I glared at the pillow with teary eyes, the rain kept flowing down my cheek. The yell got concealed in the corner of my heart.

I leaned on the nearest wall, playing back the conversation that took place in the living area. They were so unknown of my presence. They had kept me hidden from it, new tears emerged from my eyes. I wasn't able to pull myself together. Not when the reality was before me! I no longer could claim, my worries were incorrect. I was letting my fear have troll over me.

Everything was real! All the signs universe provided me with... I was left alone to deal with it. He broke his promise... He left me alone, forever.

I stumbled on my knees. I needed to find him. I needed to glance at him. To convince my heart, he hadn't left. They were just talking nonsense. My eyes searched for my source of lifeline, where the hell was it kept?

I was wandering from the lampstand towards my cupboard. Not a trace of it! I had kept it on my bed. Who dared to touch it?

"Mom!" I yelled my lungs out, my eyes busy searching for the source my heart was craving for. I needed it! I needed to feel him.

I pulled open the dark, wooden wardrobe. Pulling out every single clothes placed in it. Where on Earth was it?

I heard some shuffling before the door was pushed open. A concerned face of mom came to view, she was forcing a smile at me. Her wrinkled pale face was more visible in daylight. I darted my gaze away. How could she act so well? A minute back she was busy weeping beside my friend.

"Aru..." Ishika attempted to initiate a conversation. I stared at her, my tears weren't planning to stop. The feeling of betrayal overpowered my senses.

"Don't! I need my treasure," I averted my gaze, saddening her. She had reached Goa, on my sudden worsening condition.

My eyes planted on the wardrobe, checking twice every drawer. All the things broke into pieces as I cared less of any object. Suddenly my hand halted on its way, another object on the verge of ending into pieces.

The golden keychain. A smile crept on my lips, my finger slowly but careful caressing it. The keychain had 'R' craved on it.

The flashes of the conversation rewind in my brain.

"Aunty, you need to handle yourself..." Ishika was holding mom's hand in hers. Squeezing and blinking her eyes at her. The darkness was spread in the living area, only the light emitting from the small lamp was the source of brightness.

Mom seemed on the verge of breaking apart, "for her..." Those words uttered by Ishika, made mom glance at her. Her shivering figure was more visible, as her black orbs were brimming in tears.

"She won't survive..." She uttered, breaking into tears. Giving in to her sob. Ishika grabbed mom tightly in her arms, pulling her into a hug. "She won't be able to survive without him... Why he had to leave her? She is shattering from inside with the mere thought that he is harmed by the crush. She would be beyond repair if she heard about his demise..." And a sudden ache reached my heart, tears flowing down my cheek.

The truth I was running from was before my eyes. He wasn't ever going to return as he promised. He had left me forever.

"This can't be happening!" I screamed not desiring to believe. "He can't leave me... He had promised to be with me till my last breath... He doesn't lie to me." I broke into tears, settling into the floor among the broken pieces of clay, glass. But I cared less, when my heart had crumbled down into pieces the broken object rarely affected me.