17: Said Strip

"Did you only pack gold?"

"My lingerie is black with gold enhancements. My rehearsal dinner outfit is gold and white." I said as I fastened my heels on. The Louboutins made me feel even classier than how I looked. The simple black stilettos complemented my dress and were easy enough to walk in.

"It better not be short. You know how my mother gets." Reese said.

"Too late." She narrowed her eyes at me while I only responded with a sarcastic smile. Ashley came in with a tight, red mini-dress much like the one I would've worn if Carter hadn't insulted me. "Cute. Let's see a little twirl."

"I would if I could." She tore off the sky high heels she was wearing. "Never again."

"They were cute."

"Thanks." We did our makeup and got ready for the long night ahead of us.

"At least one good thing came out of this pregnancy." Talia emerged from the bathroom. Her dress wasn't as skin tight as the rest of us, but nevertheless, it was Vegas.

"What?"

"Look at my tits." She placed her hands over her chest emphasizing the effects of hormonal changes.

~∞~

I slammed the last shot on the table before pumping my fist into the air. "I am undefeated," I coughed out.

"Impressive." The look in the bartender's eyes was something else.

"You know the deal. You pay for my drink now," I told the guy I was up against.

"Whatever." He left the money on the countertop and disappeared from the bar.

"I think the embarrassment was too much for him." I spun around in my chair already used to the cloudy feeling in my mind. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You're beautiful. Has anyone ever told you that before?"

I giggled, the effects of alcohol clearly getting to me. "Many times. More than I can count. But thank you." I got off my stool and wavered until I caught balance. "Well, I've gotta find my friends. It was great while it lasted."

I waltzed, clumsily if I must add, towards the other side of the club. "Kyle!" I yelled. He didn't hear me over the loud music. I rammed into someone and almost fell back before arms secured me. "That was a close one."

I peered up at a random who was looking at me with a close eye. "You alright?"

"Peachy." I removed myself from his grip and toppled over towards Kyle. "I have finally found my long lost best friend. You've lost me."

"You're drunk aren't you?"

"What else is new? I feel like I'm walking in space. I'm floating in the air." I waved my arms around as emphasis. Kyle held them down causing a foreign feeling of sadness. "You're no fun. What you need is a shot or two so you can lighten up. It's Vegas." I thought of an idea. "Hey, we can do it together to make you feel better."

"How about you lighten up on the alcohol instead?"

"I can't. We're in a club. I didn't come here to play it safe." I waved my arms around the place again. "It's Sin City." I nudged Kyle with my hip. "There are cute girls here. We have amazing strippers who should teach me some new moves. And, the bartender is one hot piece of ass."

"It's a guy."

"Maybe the last one was for me." I shook my head focusing on the point I was getting at. "What I'm trying to say is that you should relax. Think about it."