51

Harry Styles

My damn journal. Where did I leave it?

I continue to ask myself that same question as I scratch my head lightly and look around. I need that back. It has everything.

Everything.

How did I just let that slip through my fingers. I slightly frustrated grunt leaves the back of my throat in which rooted from my chest. It was under my breath so no one else heard it but me. Dancing with Aaliyah made me forget about everything for the moments and minutes it was just us. But now I'm away and reality hits.

Where the fuck is my journal.

While I'm looking around, something catches my eye slightly as the sun reflects off of it. I look over at it and see it handing perfectly and I could've sworn that for a split second it called my name.

My feet had a mind of there own as they persuade me to walk toward it. It was my fingertips talking now as they caress over it slightly.

"She's a beauty isn't she." The lady behind the counter says. I look up at her and smile at her with the corners of my mouth. I exhale a sigh through my slightly parted lips in agreement.

"May I?" I ask pointing to it in request to hold it. She nods with raised eyebrows as if to say 'go ahead.'

I take the small material in my hands, ensuring I hold it while recognising it's delicacy. I look at it and my heart knocking against my ribs is my signal that I just have to get it.

"I'll take it." I look up and her and smile before handing her some money.

I know she'll adore and appreciate this. That's just the kind of soul she is.

She's golden.
Just like this.

I head towards a stall that was selling hot beverages, the thing I actually came to look for in the first place. I would go to the coffee shop around the corner but Kacy's waiting there and it's pointless going in and out of there if I'm staying with Aaly for a drink anyway.

"Will that be all sir?" The man at the stall asks me as I retrieve mine and Aaliyah's piping hot drink. I discretely suck in a breath through my teeth at the heat coming into contact with my skin.

"Yes thank you." I say wanting to put these cups down as soon as I could. I shoot him a quick smile before placing some money down on the counter.

"Have a good day!" He exclaims as I walk away. I turn around with the drinks in my hand and hold them up and nod as a sign to say 'you too.'

I smile lightly to myself as my gaze is fixed back onto the group of people dancing in unison. Something about the surroundings made me feel content and at home. The people's shouting at clapping in synch with the music was very loud yet not unbearable. It was enough to take your head elsewhere though.

I blow on both the cups in my hands as the steam evaporates off it into thin air. I smile to myself lightly before walking slowly towards all the dancing figures and loud cheering before something catches my eye slightly in the distance. I see Aaliyah being held around the waist by Grayson. I stop in my tracks slightly and raise an eyebrow out of confusion.

Why did she wait until I was gone to dance? Surely she could've just danced with him with me around. I clench the coffee cups in my hands and feel my jaw tighten unintentionally. Something came over me,

Jealousy maybe?

For I told her I loved her, and we both promised to be each other's light in the darkness. And although as minor as it may seem to some, seeing someone else look at the world in her eyes makes me remember that although we promised to be the light in each other's darkness it doesn't mean she's not able to shine twice as bright for others.