Chapter 21

“Some people feel the rain,
others just get wet..”
-Bob Marley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 21

Bella’s POV:-

“Why the hell didn’t you cancel it?” I could hear his voice loud and clear from the distance as I stepped out of the elevator. I didn’t have to ask for directions to his office because his voice alone could be a perfect guide. He was shouting at somebody, probably Luke. He always had the shortest of tempers, and brace those who witnessed it.

Waiting for him inside the car for more than half an hour was enough to irritate me so much that I finally decided to get him by myself. So, I finally came inside R&S Ltd., fuming with anger at his irresponsibility.

It had been just three days since I had gone to meet his parents’ house and his grandmother. Though she was nice to me, her phone call last night was very surprising. She invited me to have a family vacation with them at their summer beach house in Long Island. It was an order!

I hadn’t been to many places, and surely never seen a beach up close. And damn, how could I refuse to go to a beach?!! It was like my dream destination.

Though I refused her by stating about my work load and other serious issues, but she was too persistent. The thing which finally made me agree to her invitation was what she said at the very last. If I stayed for the whole week with them at the beach house, she would finally tell me about Caleb’s past. How could I refuse after that?

So, here I was, after packing up a small luggage and getting into one of Caleb’s cars, waiting for him, infront of his Office. But when, for more than half-n- hour, he didn’t come down, I had to go look for him myself.

He was yelling something again as I approached his Office room. The door was slightly ajar as I came closer.

“You are fired, Luke” Caleb shouted from inside the room, “I’ll fire you right this instant!”

I was shocked to hear him say this. Quickly I pushed the door open as it banged on the wall behind. Instantly I found myself standing behind a medium figure, facing his back to me. He turned around as I saw Luke look at me in surprise. Next my gaze fell over the figure in the distance where a more surprised Caleb stared at me. Damn! Doesn’t he ever look bad?!

“Bella…” He sort of gasped as soon as he saw me.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” I glared at him as I stepped inside.

“What are you doing here?” Caleb asked with the same surprised expression.