Chapter 29

Sophia’s POV

It seemed like we were putting together one giant puzzle, but we didn’t have all the pieces.   It was so frustrating not knowing what was going on.   And now throw in this whole Prime Alpha stuff and bam I am suddenly in the middle of a day time soap opera…nothing but drama.   Why can’t a girl just simply be a goddess and live happily ever after?   Is that too much to ask?  

The poor kids were still quietly sitting on the couch next to me as Vlad continued to shed some light on this whole fucking mess that we are knee deep in. I was so proud of how they were handling all of this. 

And to think that my daughter was the goddess of the forest, what the hell was up with that?  Poor Ella, if she thought Noah was protective of her before, the boy was going to smother her now.   He was so mature for his age that it was scary.   Sometimes it was hard remembering he was so young as he acted like he was already 18.

I have also noticed that Ella had matured so much in the past few months.   She seemed to come out of her shell around Noah, it was amazing to see how she lit up around him.   They were inseparable and I was now okay with that.   I knew that he would always protect her and she him.  

Vlad was still unsure of what her powers entailed, just that he could sense them.   He believes that the spell that binded my powers also transferred over to her as well somehow.   When mine were released, it released the hold on hers as well.      Vlad said that he wanted to take her out to the forest to see what she could do.   I was a bit apprehensive about doing this, but if she had a way to protect herself then I was all for it.  

Vlad was still going into detail on who the Grand Council was.   Apparently they are made up of those considered ancients or elders from different species that oversee over all of our kinds.   The five positions are held by a vampire, werewolf, a phoenix-shifter, a warlock and a witch.  What the hell is a phoenix-shifter?   I guess I will save that question for later.

The Grand Council was established around the 17th century to help deal with arising problems between different species, more or less like our governing power.  They also helped with keeping our world from being undetected by the humans.   At first things were good, but as time when on the Council became more like tyrants, controlling those to do their bidding, if they refused, they were killed.  

We listened to Vlad as he explained how their corrupt reach touched everyone.   Not much was done without their approval.   He suspected that they also had a part in Alpha George’s desire to eliminate me and Ella.   It was a way for the Grand Council to take down a potential Prime Alpha without getting their hands dirty.  

But what I found interesting was that it also saved their places on the council.   A Prime Alpha was considered to hold equal power to those on the Grand Council should he ever decided to use that power, much like Vlad being the King of Vampires, but since Vlad has ruled for so long, he really didn’t want to have anything to do with the Grand Council and they both left the other alone.  

The King and the Prime could challenge the Grand Council for two of the five seats.  Slowly dismantling their reign that they have held for so long.   That right there made me a bit suspicious.  Who the hell did these people think they are?