8.06

Helena's head shot up as the ambulance finally stopped moving, her breathing heavy as she looked around

"Are you ok?" Meredith asked her, as Helena checked herself.

"Y-yeah, I think so... you're bleeding." She pointed out, looking at the cut on her friends forehead.

"It's nothing, I'm good." The blond confirmed, as Helena approached the baby incubator. The girl looked at the small baby with determination in her eyes, as she opened the incubator.

"Okay, I-I'm taking her out. Mer, get me a blanket." She instructed as he friend did what she asked, Helena holding the baby in her arms. "We have to get out of here, this might blow up."

"Well, how are you gonna do that? She's connected to a million things!" Meredith let out, her voice high pitched.

"Uh, I have the bag and the baby. You get the 0.2 tank and the IV, and we'll need to disconnect her from the antibiotics..." She explained, as the blond hurried to pick up the materials, Helena disconnecting the medicine tube from the baby.

"Is that gonna be ok?"

"We don't have a choice, it'll have to be." The short girl sighed, as they got out of the ambulance.

At the sight before them, the doctors froze for a second. There was a flipped over car, three bodies splattered on the road.

——

As Helena had to continue bagging the baby, Meredith quickly kneeled by the first body, the man on the ground grunting. "Sir? Can you move? We need to get you off this road."

"Honey? Jessica! Answer me..." The man tried, glancing over to the body of his wife.

Helena wanted to help, she wanted to go check the woman's pulse. But the baby in her arms needed to be ventilated, she needed to keep bagging her. And, as such, she couldn't go help the family.

As a teen girl climbed out of the car wreck, she shook her mother's body.

"Mom? Mom, wake up! Wake up!" The girl cried out, glancing up and finding Helena, running in her direction. "Help! Help, please, you have to help. My mom, my dad, the van... and I just stepped the blood. I-I just stepped in the blood!"

"What's your name?" The short Doctor asked, her voice calming and steady.

"Lily."

"Ok, Lily, I'm Dr. Campos, but you can call me Dr. C. I need you to take a deep breath for me and hold the baby, ok?" She requested, knowing she needed to help the family.

"I-I-I don't even baby sit, I don't know how to h-hold a baby-"

"Lily, look at me. I need to help your family, but for that I need you to hold this baby. You can do this." She encouraged, the teen moving to hold the infant. "I need you to squeeze this bag. One, two, squeeze. Got it?"