0͜͡3͜͡3͜͡

Conversations

꧁Conversations꧂

☆☆︎☆

You and Kuroo both walk towards the practice gym, Kuroo constantly grumbling about having come face to face with the Nohebi captain. While the, somehow, captain was mumbling you think back to your conversation with Daishou.

"Hey Kuroo,"

The bed headed male looks startled but turns his head to you none the less. "Uh, yeah?"

"Why didn't you tell me about the elevator so that i didn't have to haul that basket all the way up the stairs?"

Kuroo laughs uneasily "Oh, uh, my bad?"

"Kuroo."

"I forgot alright! Its usually Lev getting the cart and I forgot you didn't know about the elevator."

You let out a sigh and Kuroo throws his arms over your shoulder and pulls you towards him "Tell you what in order to make you feel better i'll make the first years take the cart down the stairs before the game, that way you don't have to do it."

You hum not really minding the first years taking the annoying duty away from you, "That's fine with me. But..." An evil grin comes over your face as you change up Kuroo's plan.

***

Nekoma's practice for the game was a lot shorter than you were used to (and maybe it's because you took so long with the balls, but hey someone should have told you there was an elevator) and it quickly ended but the boys, yamamomo in particular, seemed fired up. And Kenma... well he was being Kenma.

"Oi, first years! Come here." the first year do as Kuroo says and after a quick word, Lev groans before turning towards you.

"Y/Nnnnnn," the boy whines "Why can't you take the cart and why do we have to take the stairs." A pout comes over Lev's face "That's not very nice senpai."

You stare blankly at Lev, the tall first year slouching so that his head is only a few inches about yours. Raising a hand you flick his forehead "Because I don't want to, now get to it. And remember what I told you," You smack Lev's back, "Stop slouching!"

Lev whines as he retrieves the cart, pushing it out of the doors. Inuoka and Shibayama walk towards you "Why'd Kuroo say only Lev had to do the cart and not to help him?" Inuoka ask.

"Because~" You singsong "Not only did he know about the elevator and not tell me but also because I wanted to punish Lev for his short comments, and I can't hit as hard as Yaku senpai."

Speaking of him the third year libero calls you over towards him right at that moment. "Oh, gotta go."

As you walk off the two first years stare after you "Remind me to not get on his bad side," Shibayama murmurs, Inuoka nodding rapidly.

***

The game wasn't very intense. Well... compared to the game 'Shiratorizawa v Inarizaki'. A shudder goes down your spine as you remember the feral looks in everyone's eyes at the rematch game that you got to see. In fairness you don't think any game is going to be as intense as that one...

A hand on your shoulder brings you back to reality, "So Y/N what do you think of the first real Nekoma game that you got to see?"

You angle your head upwards to see a grinning Kuroo leaning over you. oh my gods-- please not now gay thoughts. You manage to snap out of your thoughts and realize what Kuroo was asking. "Hm? Oh yeah! It was great!" Has Kuroo always had eyes like that? "It was a great match up. I'm not surprised we won but I am very happy that we did."

A grin breaks out over Kuroo's face "I like that faith you have in us, it's refreshing." Kuroo steps out from behind you and now the two of you are face to face, both of you conversing with big smiles on your faces.

A few meters away from the two of you Yamamoto is watching the two of you with a small frown. "Kenma!"

Kenma, who somehow hasn't gotten his hands on his PSP just yet, hums. Him not really paying attention and moving the towels and medical gear around looking for it.

"You see that too right?" Yamamoto questions, him pointing at you and Kuroo.

Kenma glances up for a second at look at what the ace was complaining about. "It's just Y/N and Kuroo talking. What's wrong with that?"

"Look at them! They almost look like you and Kuroo!"

"The two of them do not look like and and Kuro."

Yamamoto lets out a groan "Thats not what I mean! The two of 'em, they're making eyes at one another!"

Kenma perks up at that and looks at the two of you conversing, he looks at Kuroo first and then at you. For some reason Kenma doesn't feel jealous or annoyed or anything of the sort really. But all he can think of are the news articles he was reading up on the other night. A single word floating around in his mind. He blinks at the scene Yeah. Kenma really needed to talk to Kuroo. And soon.

"See Kenma! You see it too right? I know you do!"

"Hey Tora," Yamamoto looks at Kenma, curious to know what he'll say. "Do you think Y/N knows where my PSP is?"

"Huh-- Wha?!"

Kenma leaves Yamamoto looking dumbstruck as he walks over to the two.

As soon as Kenma walks over Kuroo is responding to it. Kuroo glancing at Kenma and giving him a smile as you tell him about something.

"..And i'm pretty sure my heart melted right there." After you finish your sentence you turn your attention to Kenma as well. "Kenma," As usual one of your pretty grins is sent his way. "How can I help you?"

"Have you seen my PSP? I put it on the bench before the game started because I didn't have time to make it to my bag."

Your eyes light up and your hand moves to your pants pocket. "I have it." You fish out the PSP and give Kenma a grin as you hand it to him. "I moved it because Naoi sensei almost sat on it. I hope you don't mind."

Kenma gently takes his PSP from you "Thank you."
Your smile gets even wider seeing Kenma's eyes light up at the familiar weight of the PSP. "I have to steal Kuro away, that fine?"

You wave the two away. "No worries."

As the two walk away Yamamoto walks up an angry look on his face. You simply brush it off an give him one of your heart melting smiles "Great job Yamamoto! You played well!"

His angry look changes in a split second and a blush comes over his face, his heart pounding out of his chest and lightning striking behind him. Yamamoto now struggling to form a coherent string of words. "You— buh—i ju- hah?!"

You repeate your words again "You did great Yamamoto, good game!" And your grin thumbs up and wink must have sent him into orbit.

Yamamoto crouches down hand over his heart as tears stream down his face "Y/NNNNN!!!!"

You can only stare in bewilderment at the mess of an ace in front of you. Calmly putting down the thumbs up you erase the grin from your face and walk away. Yamamoto still crying after you.

-

A/N:
it's the writers block not letting me write for this part of the book for a month but creating a whole ass story line for an ark that's a long ways away from where we are right now for me (which we may just skip along so we can get to the training camp).

Also please bare with me for a little bit my mental health's been in the gutter lately and my best friend and i are no longer best friends. So just give me a little time pls.