Celebration (Charlie Weasley)

A/N: As the second Wizarding War is over, Voldemort is defeated, everyone is happy and celebrating, expect for Charlie, mourning over his girlfriend (AU where everyone lives) Requested by Emilywilkinsons

3rd POV:
It was suppose to be a happy moment, the side of light had won, Voldemort was defeated. The Weasleys, Potters, Blacks, Lupins had a celebration at 12 Grimmauld Place. Lily and James were beyond happy that their son defeated the strongest wizard. Regulus smiled at the young boy, doing something he tried to achieve in his youth.

While the group enjoyed themselves in the dining room, Charlie excused himself and walks toward the portrait room. He looked at the photo of the girl who sat next to Regulus and the burnt out photo of Sirius. She looked exactly like her brothers, the thick black hair, high cheekbones, predominant jawline. He ran his thumb over her picture, letting the tears fall down his cheek.

"Is it bad that I still think she's still here?" He asked the two brothers. Sirius and Regulus followed Charlie out of the room and stood by the doorway. "That she'll knock on the door and I go to answer it and she's right there like she hasn't left."

"No, I think it's a part of grief." Sirius answered walking towards him. "I think you should be celebrating, Voldemort is defeated, the one thing she wanted dead."

"She would have loved this." Charlie replied. "Being free, not fighting for her life. Godric, I miss her." He tried to stifle his sobs, choking them back. "Why did she have to be so selfish, leaving to go kill Voldemort, it was like she wanted to die."

Both brothers didn't say anything. Just letting Charlie acknowledge their presence. They all lost someone dear to their heart, but Charlie lost the love of his life. The two had been together for 3 years before she left when she turned 18. This was the most Charlie had talked about her in 8 years, he didn't talk about her, because if he did, it would make it real, she was gone and wasn't coming back.

The three returned back to the dining room where everyone was drinking and eating. Molly looked at her son, whose eyes were all puffy and her heart broke. Molly loved Y/n like she was her own daughter.

Charlie and Y/n had their life planned out, after the both of them graduated from Hogwarts, they would go to Romania together to work on the Reserve. But on Y/n's 18th birthday in the end of June, she left and hasn't been seen since. Charlie remembered Bill saying something about how the Order needed a spy to infiltrate the Dark Lord.

"She would have been proud." Tonks came to Charlie's side. The three used to be best friends while they were at Hogwarts. Tonks knew how much Charlie was in love with her cousin, she was their number 1 ship. The day Y/n left, Tonks searched her whole room for a letter, a clue, something indicating where she went or what she done, but atlas, she found nothing.

"She would have loved Teddy." Charlie looked at the baby who was playing with Harry's glasses. "I remember she told me she wanted kids, an even number, so no one would never excluded. 4, 4 kids. Arthur, Beatrice, Amelia and Joshua. At first, she never wanted kids, she wanted to end the Black family line but I think when I introduced her to my siblings, she wanted multiple children."

"You two would had a beautiful family." Tonks sighed.

"I'd like to make a toast." Sirius clinked his champagne flute. "To the side of light, the Order of the Phoenix, to Harry Potter and to Y/n Black, this day is for her, the day she was fighting for. I want this to be a day of celebration, we fulfilled her goal."

"To Y/n Black." Everyone cheered.

For the rest of the night, everyone drank celebrating, the twins, James and Sirius pulling pranks on everyone while Remus shook his head laughing at his two friends acting like teenagers again. Ron and Hermione cuddling in the corner, finally accepting the love for each other. Ginny and Harry playing with Teddy, watching him change his hair color between red and brown.

Eventually, Teddy was down to sleep, Ron, Hermione, Harry and Ginny went outside to sit on the roof, which left Fred, George, Charlie, Bill, Fleur and their parents.

"Are you two expecting anymore guests, especially at this time of night?" Molly looked at Sirius and Regulus when they heard someone knock on the door.

"I'll go check." Charlie set his glass down on the table getting up from the couch, making his way towards the front door. He unlocked the two locks, opening the door.

"Hey Charlie." She smiled. "Long time no see."

———
i just published my new one shot book in celebration of hitting 50ks reads, go check it out!!

———i just published my new one shot book in celebration of hitting 50ks reads, go check it out!!