67: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

Dream went back to the Spade castle earlier than usual because of the yesterday's ordeal. Dream could not afford to be hated more of her mute maids, especially if she is keeping an owl in her shed and she have grandeur plans of escape in the near future.

Dream is currently anxious by the additional informations she learned however, she also felt relieved that she might have someone to travel with her once she leave the embrace of the Spade Castle.

Moreover, the knowledge that she could save Kaleid's life is the best thing she have heard.

Curing the steward will answers the whereabouts of her father, the late king of Spade.

Dream snuck back into her tiny bedroom. On her tiny receiving table is a cold meal that the maids had left for her, probably around lunch time.

There are no signs of the mute maids but the guards are the only one outside her room.

Dream situated herself at the front of the meal and started scooping at the cold soup. Of course, Dream ate a lot better when Kaleid is in the castle. A lot better and healthier. The steward always mind the foods that is bad for her weak stomach and always give her the ones with best nutrients. Dream does not mind eating the cold food in front of her. In her previous life, she have to swallow stale and moldy food in order to tame her growling stomach. And she was thankful if she managed to put something in her mouth, it was way better than starving for days and working at the same time. Earning money, doing chores and going to school.

Dream believes she still have a better life than the former one. As a matter of fact, she have died couple of times already and she doesn't mind going through it for the third time.... however, this is the first time that she have people that she treasures so much. The thought of them suffering is not something she does not want to experience.

Her heart aches.

Tiny drops of tears meshed with the cold soup she is scooping to eat. The tiny drops of water is the only warm thing in this tiny bedroom.

Dream did not noticed the liquid flowing down from her eyes unto her cheeks because at that time, she is hardening her heart and emotions to prepare.

......

Anne is marching out of the hallway of the assembly. She have to see the Dukes and their Marquis in order for her to oversee them. That was an order from the phony Emperor and from her son Soliard. She would love to think it is a request from her son and his father, so that they could all finally be together as a family.

But an 'otherwise' is starting to creep in, from the back of her mind.

Anne left Lunard in the assembly, Anne is thinking that she have done her responsibilities for the day. She looked outside the window and realize that it is already almost dawn. The red skies remind her of the girl that had been left behind by the King of Spade.

"Your majesty, if I may?"

A voice came from her back. Anne slowly turn her head to see the plump figure of the Duke of Cancer being stopped by her guards and maids from coming any closer to her, the queen.

Anne looked down at the short stature of the man. Anne felt disgusted upon seeing the bullets of sweats running down on the side of the man's face. The man's heavy breathing that indicates that he ran after her upon exiting the assembly hall. However such actions make her skin crawls.

Anne made sure she is enveloped by elegance and turn toward the man.

'Hmm, Soliard, wants to kill this man so bad, probably because he looks so disgusting. I will let him when our plans became reality.'