3

Asami

"Asami get a hold of yourself." Opal laughs as she nudges my side.

I roll my eyes and kick the back of Jinora's chair, making her turn around in her seat.
"Can you talk to Korra for me please?"

Jinora raises a brow at me, confused.
"What? You want me to be your messenger bird?"

"No, no. Like can you tell her to switch with someone else?" I correct myself. I pray that she agrees.

"Why don't you?" She says, smirking. This really isn't the time to joke around.

"I'm not speaking to her." I huff and cross my arms.

"Well I think you should." Wu says. Well I think I shouldn't.
"She's not as bad as you say she is."

"Really?" I scoff.

"Yes, really. Just give Korra a chance." I immediately shove Wu, he had just blurted out her name, announced it to the whole class.
"Whoops." He says and I see from the corner of my eye that the 'group' is looking over here. They were curious and their view flicked between me and all of my friends. Korra wasn't there though, she hasn't turned up to classes ever since. I guess that was a good thing, if she was here then she'd probably stomp over here and demand answers as to why her name was mentioned.

But just because she's not here doesn't mean she won't know, Kuvira would probably tell her everything about this. Tell her that us lot were talking about her, this is just great.

I choose to be quiet for the remainder of the lesson, picking at the end of my school vest as I listen to the teacher. Geography, I'm not fond of it but I don't hate it either. It's just nice to have all of my friends in one place, but obviously not today. It's not fun when they keep teasing me about this English Project, it seems to be the only thing they talk about now. I can hear them muttering right now actually, gossiping about the whole situation and occasionally giving me a glance which followed with a few giggles.

I've had enough of this. I raise my hand and the teacher nods over to me.
"Can I use the bathroom please?" I let out a breath of relief when she nods again. I take my bag and I walk straight out, not even giving my friends a side glance. They'd probably just tease me even more seeing as it's so funny that I get worked up about a few idiots in school. They just don't really understand I guess. I really need to get these grades and being pairs with one of the most disruptive students in the school really doens't help on my behalf.

<->

It's been about 30 minutes since the bell for the end of school rung and I've hidden myself in the bathroom, splashing my face countless times. This project is a complete joke, why did the teacher even pair us anyway? I'm a good influence to those around me, what a load of rubbish. I shouldn't be stressing about this anyway, it's not like Korra will be around me 24/7. Besides, ever since the pairings were announced she hasn't attended any classes. Looks like the feeling is mutual.

A sigh escapes my lips and I dry my face with a paper towel. I grab my bag and exit the bathroom, the halls were empty which wasn't a surprise so it was just a nice quiet walk through the building. However, my peaceful walk was cut short. She was walking the opposite way, walking towards me with her earphones in; tapping away at her phone. The way she was walking is slow and she's not picking her feet up with her steps, creating a scruffling sound against the floor. Irritating as always. Has she just been wandering the halls throughout the whole day?

I take a deep breath and keep my head down, she looks really distracted on her phone; maybe she won't notice me. I hold my breath, my muscles tight as her feet come into view. Her shoe lace was untied again. Please don't look up, please don't look up.