Chapter 30 - Valentine's Day

{Y/N's POV}

It's been a few weeks since winter break. As soon as school started, I secretly reported to Dumbledore.

・゚✧flashback・゚✧

I entered Dumbledore's office once the hallway was empty.

"Well?" his booming voice asked. "Have you done it?"

"Excuse me, what?" I asked, surprised.

"Have you prevented the prophecy?" he asked.

"Oh," I mentally slapped myself across the face. "I'm sorry, no I haven't."

Dumbledores' face darkened. "Then I'm afraid we must let the prophecy unfold," he said sadly.

"I'm afraid so."

There was a pause of silence.

"But professor, you will still protect Lily, right?" I asked.

"Yes, for I have made a bargain with Snape."

I sighed with relief.

"You aren't going to tell anyone, right?" I asked, gripping my wand just in case he obliviates me.

"No, I'm not."

"Do you swear by your troth?" I asked.

(Troth - your soul, body, and life. If you break a troth, you die. Yes, it's a real thing, I didn't make it up. Norse mythology, BTW.)

"I swear by my troth."

I sighed, again.

"Thank you, professor. I will still be reporting, but I will not be doing anything to put Tom in danger."

"Yes, I understand."

I walked towards the door, but Dumble spoke, stopping me.

"Y/N, you do know you will have to pick a side sooner or later."

I looked to the ground sadly then at the professor.

"Yes, I do."

・゚✧end of flashback・゚✧

Tom was currently giving a lecture to his Death Eaters. Tom had already collected five Horcruxes: the promise ring he gave me, his diary, the Marvolo Gaunt's ring (his mother's ring), Salazar Slytherin's locket (of course), and Nagini. He had told me he only needed two more to finally be invincible.

Tom was different now. His skin was very pale and his eyes would sometimes glow red. Otherwise, he still looked like the seventeen year old boy I grew up with and loved.

I was interrupted with my thoughts by Tom.

"Y/N?" he asked, distracting me.

"Yes?" I said, looking up at him.

"Are you ok?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm ok," I lied.

・゚✧magical time skip・゚✧

It was Valentine's day. The day of love and friendship. And because of that, Slughorn was going to hold another dinner tonight.

I was currently walking with Lily and Molly to our next class, Herbology.

"I can't believe you and Tom did it!" Lily whisper-yelled.

"Hush!!!" I scolded her.

"How many times," Molly asked and wiggled her eyebrows.

I laughed. "Just a few."

"Use protection," Molly reminded me.

"Don't worry about it," I reassured. "So how are you and Potter?" I asked Lily.