Breathless Knight

(Y/N): So the Hunter enlists people... for the whole successor thing... then decides to get a child soldier.

Luca: And his name's Jack.

(Y/N): Why do you... care so much?

The group was now approaching the ruined structure in an attempt to find a safe way to the crypt. The "safe" part was already a failure since the small mounds of snow could always have a 7 feet tall lost hiding underneath, because that's how hiding works...

Luca: I don't know, I was expecting something more intimidating. Cormac, Ace, Fergus...

Io: I thought it was an imposing name.

The others were taking a different path. While Luca, Io and (Y/N) went straight ahead for a vestige the others circled to the right of the building for some pathfinding. The trio did have some trouble with another huge lost, but nothing that couldn't be solved by kindly showing it the way down the chasm.

Having enough of talking about the Hunter, Luca changes targets as she scoops up the vestige.

Luca: And what did you think of the better person in that memory?

(Y/N): Nicola?

The man only receives a sharp nod in return as Luca stands back up, the cage containing the vestige already stored away in her... nonexistent bag of holding? (Y/N) would never again question how women work after meeting Luca, though maybe they were just Luca things instead of women things.

Taking a moment to think on the serious question though, trying to simplify it into a short sentence, (Y/N) finally found the perfect words for it.

(Y/N): He's too responsible for his age...

Io: He truly is.

On the other side of a very long sheet of ice, just as thin looking as the one that almost swallowed (Y/N), the rest of the group came into view. Exchanging nods, the ones on the far side take cover behind frozen infrastructure as they watch a group of lost not too far from them.

(Y/N): It's not... a good thing.

Scooping some snow into his hands and compacting it into a snowball, (Y/N) puts a little plan into action. Large scale battles are decided by two things: numbers and tactics. The group of lost was about as big as the group of explorers, so numbers wasn't a problem, so it came down to tactics to save them the effort.

Throwing the snowball at one of the lost is enough to catch its attention. The usual angry roar and heavy steps towards the human, and the lost was now on thin ice. Literally. Step by step, the explorers watched as the ice sheet cracked under the lost, waiting patiently for it to become undone and save them the hassle of a fight. And yet the only thing shattered was their hopes when the other lost walk heavily after the first and the ice still holds.

Not wanting to let the enemies advance much more through the physics defying ice, Luca gingerly places a foot down on the sheet and, after half a second, takes it off. The ice has enough of Luca's shit and gives out, plunging all the lost standing on it straight down the chasm.

Io: Somehow, I think that isn't how it should work.

Luca: The ice is biased. That's all you need to know.

(Y/N): Let's go around.

And around they go, being ambushed by one of those tiny snow mounds that turn into full grown monsters before they can rejoin the other three. Once together they resume their march forward, slaughtering a number of canine monsters without problem and never, not even once, meeting another annoying fight.