Chapter 27

Just One Week Away

Bridgerton House, London

The bridesmaids' dresses were ready, except for Francesca's, who wasn't around to take her measurements. But now that she was back, Charlotte assumed Violet was going to take her as soon as possible. And the tiaras, were simple but elegant, and ready to be on their heads.

The Princess Royal and the Prince Regent just arrived at the Bridgerton House not only to celebrate Francesca's return, but to also deliver the dresses and tiaras.

"Humboldt!" Charlotte exclaimed his name once she got off her carriage.

"Your Royal Highnesses," he walked towards her, and bowed his head. "Welcome back."

"Thank you," George nodded with a small smile.

"I apologize if I disturb you but, is there a chance that I could get some help to deliver these boxes to the Bridgertons?" She asked.

"No worries. Right away," he nodded, and motioned to some of the Bridgerton's servants to help carry the boxes. "If you please, follow me."

"Of course," she nodded.

Charlotte and George walked with him to the drawing room with Fatima following behind her with a box, and the other servants behind her with the rest. Humboldt knocked on the door of the drawing room, and opened it to announce her arrival, as usual.

"His Royal Highness The Prince Regent; and Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal," Humboldt said loudly, and the two royals walked in the room.

"Charlotte! George!" Hyacinth exclaimed and immediately ran towards them. "Fran is back!"

"So we've heard," she chuckled at the Bridgerton girl's excitement. "Where is she?"

"Right here, Your Royal Highnesses," Francesca made a curtsy before she hugging the Princess with the biggest of smiles on her face. Charlotte hugged her back. "Oh, how I've missed you."

"I missed you too, my dear," she sighed contently and pulled away. "I assume you remember George."

"How could I possibly forget His Royal Highness?" She chuckled and made a curtsy before him. "It is a pleasure to have you here, sir."

"The pleasure is mine," he nodded with a smile. "And I am glad you are back with us, safely."

"Your Royal Highness," Fatima entered in the room with the rest of the servants with the boxes. "Where shall we put this?"

"Oh! I almost forgot," she chuckled. "The boxes have the girls' names on them. Hand it to the Bridgerton girl it belongs to."

"Oh, Char!" Violet walked towards them with wide eyes. "What is all this?"

"Courtesy of my sister and I," George explained. "Charlotte took care of the dresses, while I ordered the tiaras to be made. I designed them myself."

"Shall we open them now?" Hyacinth asked with excitement.

"Let's wait for Daphne, shall we?" Violet suggested, and everyone nodded.