Chapter 37

Francy's p.o.v

He smiled. "Do you hate the idea?"

I smiled back. "No..."

"Then let's go."

We walked over to a stand and he bought a full bag of candy. He took out one candy apple and opened it for me. "Here you go."

I took it, scrunching the wrapper a bit embarrassed. "Thanks."

"You're welcome." He smiled.

I focused on the scenery trying not to think about his cute smile. The festival was just getting started and there were already so many people, dressed in different scary outfits and taking pictures. The sunset had made the sky a shade of pink turning red and the darker blue was closing in. The street lights started to come on. I munched on the candy apple, trying not to look nervous as I looked back and forward to Elric and my feet.

Elric's phone beeped and he immediately took it out. "Sorry. I'm just going to need a minute."

While he worked on his phone, I took a chance to look around.

I approached one mask vendor and saw the cutest glowing pumpkin ears. I bought a set and put it on my head.

Elric came back, putting his phone away. He was the pumpkin ears and smiled. "Cute. um..So...Ace and Kai are coming over and bringing proper food. Ace sounded pretty happy. He probably bought something great."

"Of course he did. He is that lucky." I sighed, taking a bite out of my apple.

"Why do you think it's luck?" Elric asked as we walked towards a bench.

"Good karma accumulated."I shrugged.

Elric gave me a side-eye.

"I'm serious. Do you know he painted my room because I never got to finish it after the Momo incident? He never forgets anyone's birthday and calls all our relatives to congratulate them. He taught Kai how to swim and trust me it wasn't easy. It was more like a blood bath than a swimming lesson and Ace volunteered for the job. He got Rehan his first part-time job as a pet house sitter and helped him get money to buy what he wanted. Every time I get sick, he buys me a milkshake. He thinks we don't pay attention to these things and doesn't ask for anything in return."