FOURTEEN

Aight, this is the other cringe chapter. Have fun!

I woke up feeling refreshed and I hummed, stretching and squeezing my eyes shut. I buried my face in my pillow, which was much stiffer than I remembered but was still comfortable.

It wasn't until my pillow moved that I realized something was off.

I didn't want to open my eyes, because I knew where I was. I was on the bed in our hotel room, in JJ's arms. I knew that. But for some reason, I didn't want to get up.

So I didn't. I stayed put, and kept my head on his chest. He had clearly woken up, and I felt him stretch, but he froze after a second.

"Shit," He muttered. He used his arms to softly lift me up so he could get out of the bed, and he laid me back down.

'Shit?' What does that mean?

I knew what it meant. It meant I was too ugly for him. If he'd woken up with some blonde supermodel, he wouldn't have said that.

"Cassie," He said quietly. He shook my shoulders. "Cassie."

I groaned. "What?"

"Get up. We have to leave in twenty minutes and we're not even close to ready."

"Well, I appreciate you not screaming in my ear," I murmured, not opening my eyes. "Why do we have to leave?"

"You want to stay?"

I nodded against him before scooting away and burying my face in my pillow. "Mhm."

He chuckled. "Fine, bookworm, you can stay here. But don't leave this room, okay?"

I furrowed my eyebrows at that before opening my eyes to look at him. "Why not?"

He shrugged. "Just promise me you won't. I'll be with the guys at an interview for the fight, so you just call if you need anything."

I sighed and closed my eyes again. "Since when were you nice?"

"It's too early to be anything else," He yawned. "Promise you'll stay?"

"Fine," I whispered. "Now go away. I'm not fun when I'm tired."

"You're not fun ever," He joked.

Keeping my eyes closed, I tiredly reached a hand up to hit him, but accidentally slapped his cheek.

I started giggling uncontrollably in my pillow, and I heard him start to laugh, too.

"Sorry," I mumbled as I giggled.

"You're evil. I've been nothing but nice to you this morning and this is what I get?" He ruffled my hair before I felt his weight leave the bed. "You should be ashamed, Mouse."

"If you can't handle me then you definitely can't handle Logan," I sang. He laughed and I heard him leave the room.

I yawned and finally got out of the bed, changing into lounge shorts and a t-shirt before kicking back and turning on the TV.

After a while of doing nothing, there was a knock on the door, so I sighed and stood to my feet. As I went over to it, they knocked again, and I groaned.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," I said. I opened the door and tilted my head at the man in front of me. "Can I help you?"

"Cassandra Johnson?" He asked. He was tall, but I didn't recognize him.

I leaned against the doorframe. "That's me. What do you want?"

"There's so much talk about you on Twitter, and we'd like to interview you downstairs in the lobby," He smiled, but I narrowed my eyes.