T. Inumaki - HanaHaki

(Requested by @25Layla11)
(Real life highschool AU. Inumaki isn't mute, he just rarely talks and perfers sign language (italics are sign language).)
(I tried my best to explain HanaHaki disease, look it up if I didn't do a good enough job for your prestigious ass.
(Lastly, warning for mentions of blood.)

It's late morning, grey clouds curling around the sky and sprinkling raindrops onto the window next to you. This is one of the main reasons you like sitting by the window in your classes. Maybe it's just an excuse to get distracted.

The bustle of students around you is drowned out by your focused gaze on the scenery outside of the building. Focused enough that you don't notice someone coming up behind you until you feel a hand on your head.

You jump at the contact, moving your head to the side and looking at the intruder out of the corner of your eye. At the sight of droopy purple eyes and white hair, you drop your guard.

"Toge! There's my favorite white haired boy." You day happily, reaching up and ruffling his hair.

He scrunches his face up, "Don't let Gojo hear that." He signs to you.

You glance to the front of the class where Gojo looks to be trying to balance eight pencils on his face.

"I kind of want him to hear." You say, watching Inumaki sit in his regular seat next to you. The desks were put in pairs of two, so it was like your own little island with him. "Maybe then he'd get some sense knocked into him."

Inumaki stares at Gojo for another second before turning to face you again. "I would pay to see his ego crushed."

"Honestly we should just ask Fushiguro to do it, he would do it for free."

"Anyone would do it for free."

"You're right." You say laughing.

The class finally settles down when Gojo stands by the board, prepared to start the lecture. They were always interesting, but not always in a good way.

He does get points for seating you and Inumaki together, you'll give him that.

It doesn't take long for your gaze to redirect itself back out the window and onto the shaded sky. The lecture didn't seem important right now. Honestly, nothing felt important enough to pay attention to. You had other things to focus on.

And if those things come to fruition, you're fucked, and not in a good way.

Lightly speaking, you have something called HanaHaki disease. It feels so dumb to believe, since it's the most illogical thing on the planet, but the knot in your throat convinces you otherwise.

The first time you noticed was when you coughed and felt a splatter of something hitting your arm. Upon further inspection, you saw that it was a trinkle of blood and a couple flower petals. It threw you for a loop, and caused you to research for hours about what the fuck it means. No you weren't going to the doctor.

You found out that it's caused by unreturned love toward someone. Basically, you love someone but they don't love you back. Or you don't know if they do.

Out of the gate you realized that it was Inumaki who you loved. It's a bit weird, you see him all the time. It feels weird to be dealing with a life or death situation and not saying anything about it.

You know you have to tell him. Obviously you have to. You're just scared that he won't feel the same and then it's all over for you. With that logic though, you'd still die at some point due to the flowers filling up your lungs. Not pleasant at all.