Elias 6.5

As Felix took a step towards Elias, the prince could not help but feel threatened and take a step back.

"Um... Can I refuse the escort?"

The prince lamely asked.

"What do you believe the answer to that question is?"

Elias pursed his lips together and harmlessly glared at the redhead knight. The latter only smiled and knelt down on one knee and spread out his arms.

"Shall we, your highness?"

"Wait, Felix! I got something for you."

The prince quickly shoved his hand into his pocket and the redhead knight felt surprised but also overjoyed that Elias was giving him presents again. Felix waited patiently while ignoring the prickly glare he was receiving from Claude.

Suddenly something was shoved into Felix's face.

Crystal blue eyes widened.

Grey eyes widened.

What Claude and Felix did not expect was the prince shoving the middle finger into Felix's face.

"Eat dirt!"

Like that, Elias stumbly ran out of the room.

The emperor and knight were shocked even as they heard a confused Meli — who was waiting outside the room — and a frightened Elias.

"Meli, run! Like a beast man running away with their tail between their legs!"

"Your highness?!"

Just as the door was closing, the emperor and knight were able to witness Elias stumbling and falling. The prince's best friend quickly helped him up and awkwardly ran away. The door finally closed.

The silence fell into the ears that stayed in the room and Felix Robane stole a glance at Claude.

"Um... your majesty... that was..."

Claude sighed in disbelief.

"Yes, that was what Chrys called the MOST offensive curse to tell someone..."

Both leader and subject were confused as to how lifting the middle finger was offensive but if Chrys said so and it was so. It did not change the fact that no one would feel offended.

The question was, how did Elias know about it?

"It must run in the family."

Claude reasoned and he started to immerse himself in deep thought.

"Maybe I should use that as a sign. Every time Elias or I lift the middle finger at someone who is pestering or hindering us, they will be taken to the dungeons and have their heads off..."

Felix paled. He prayed that this never happens. To him, at least.

"I... I have a runaway prince to catch... Blessing and glory to the Obelian Empire."

***

Elias and Meli were huffing out of breath.

"Did... Did we lose him?"

They were stealing glances from the corner. Gratefully, the hall was empty of any redhead knight.

The friends sighed in relief.

"What are you afraid of, your highness?"

Meli and Elias yelped in surprise and turned to look at Lucas.

"Lucas, don't do that! You are beautiful enough to make my heart skip a beat, but if you appear all of a sudden and show off the splendor of your beauty, my heart might just stop."