[ thirty-one ]

"Where is she?" They ask frantically, "Where is she?"

First they ask their mum, who was at the Inn a whole day before them, then Robby, who pointed them into the staging area where the ceremony and the reception was to take place in a matter of 5 hours and was currently cluttered by groomsmen and other Rosehill Inn staff members setting up tables and a large Water Lily arch. They ask around there and no one seems to know who their referring to until Evelyn's grandmother begins laughing at them before instructing them up the stairs in the lobby to the second floor.

"What room is she in again?" Fred questions as they face the long hall of carnation wallpaper and white framed doors.

George starts down the hall, and Fred follows. "Rose didn't say—"

"Should we start knocking?"

"No," George gives him a look.

A taller woman in sweats, carrying a hefty ring of keys in one hand a water bottle in the other, exits a room just a ways down the hall.

Fred hits George's arm and starts towards the woman. "Excuse me!" He calls. "Ma'am," he stops her short, him and George both. She seems almost amused by them, however: the gangly ginger boys in matching loose tuxes and flushed faces from running around the muggle inn like madmen. "Hi," he gives her an out of breath grin, "we—"

"Are Fred and George," the woman says. It makes them pause, looking at her in subtle astonishment. "I'm Cherryl," she introduces, "Robby's sister."

"Fred," he holds out his hand.

"George," he mirrors.

She takes Fred's first, then George's. "Room 26," she tells them.

The twins turn to one another, grinning wickedly, and rush past her.

"Thank you!" George calls back.

Evelyn stands in the room, about to remove the satin fabric robe all of the bride's maids were gifted after a shower and a vigorous hour and a half of flattening her hair and doing her make-up, when the two boys burst into the room without knocking.

She jumps and screams in place, her heart nearly exploding from the scare. They don't even notice. They rush her like a pair of bloody line-backers and soon enough she's sandwiched between the two boys; her feet hang off the ground, her senses flooded with sweet cinnamon and gunpowder and the excited pickup from George and the hurried follow-up with Fred behind her having bunched her robe up around her waist.

"We missed you!" Fred declares into her shoulder, as if she couldn't tell.

"Waiting all bloody week to see you," George adds, "and you don't even greet us at the door?"

"I was doing my hair," she notifies them.

"It smells warm," Fred tells her as half of it is covering his face.