Chapter 4 (part 4)

Aaliyah laid back on the recliner chair of the estates twenty seated theater. She was smoking a blunt, reflecting on the night. She questioned whether or not telling Lydia about vampires was a good idea. If Lydia was still in the dark, she would be oblivious and safe by her own ignorance. Right? What if Cordell has been watching us? Then it might be better that Lydia knew the truth. Who the hell was Cordell. That was the million dollar question. She needed to find Najee, she needed answers.

"Pass that," Taylor said sitting next to her. It was like he appeared from thin air, a vamp trick they call ghosting.

"You okay?" Aaliyah asked, sincerely passing the blunt.

Taylor took a big hit, "Where's your friend? What's her name?"

Aaliyah rolled her eyes, "Sleep. Her name's Lydia. And she's off limits. Now answer my question."

Taylor scoffed, "A human telling me about limits. And my bestfriend was murdered, what do you care?" Taylor's voice was edgy.

"What the hell, of course I care brah. You and Cameron are Toure and-"

"What was his last name?" Taylor cut in rudely

"Um..."

"Exactly, cut the shit like you care about the rest of us because you don't. You're just Najee's little human pet! You talk about Toure, you're just a human who doesn't even fucking deserve to be Toure," Taylor spat the words like venom, standing. "Lines were drawn tonight."

Aaliyah jumped up to look Taylor dead in his eye. She was hurt that he just acted that way towards her. She tried to care, to be his friend. Instead, he threatens her. "I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side," she told him through gritted teeth.

***

"Liyah," Najee called, ghosting behind her as she headed towards her room.

She turned around to see a body of a woman flung over Najee's shoulder. "Umm yeah?"

"I need your help."

***

Back at the hotel, where Cordell was hidden under a cloaking spell, he sat on the phone near Kiesha and Ma'kayla.

"Yes, I'm ready," Cordell said through the phone, then hanging up. He looked at Kiesha and Ma'kayla, "it's time."

"She's bringing the weapon?" Kiesha asked.

Cordell nodded in confirmation.

Then there was a loud knock at the door. Kiesha dashed, and opened it; revealing a young vampire named Trez. Trez was super slim, brown skin, and had been a loyal member to the Toure, until recently when he had been collecting intel for Cordell. Like most of the Toure clan, he has grown tired of Najee and Emma's lack of leadership. It was time for a change. Time for vengeance after Najee almost killed his girlfriend, Alexis. Cordell promised that. He promised to be a better leader than Emma. Trez believed him.

They greeted each other with a dap and a hug. "Anything new?" Cordell asked, "it's late."

"Yeah," Trez's eyes began to turn orange, "it's ugh...Cameron. He's...he's dead." Trez could barely get out the words. The overheightened grief flooding in.

Cordell dropped his head upset, despite how things ended ten years ago, Cameron was a friend. "What happened?"

"Najee happened," Trez said miserably. "Taylor told me they had a meeting. One about you, Cam blew up, saying how everything was Najee's fault. He said he understood you and should've helped you ten years ago. So Najee ripped his heart out."

"Fuck," Cordell sighed. "That means he knows." Cordell had ghosted to the window gazing outside. "Bryan's dead then."

"That British chick from the Renegades you had go mess with his head, I saw him throw her in the trunk of his car."

"Niomi," Kiesha said sadly. "Would he really kill her?"

"If he knew why she was really here," Cordell said.

"The guy is a fucking psychopath," Trez commented.

Cordell continued his gaze. It was now or never.

"There's a memorial for Cam in a few hours, then a party tonight at Oscars," Trez added.

"Cam should be mourned peacefully. Tell everyone we move tonight at midnight. Tonight," he turned to face the room, "tonight the Toure falls."

"Winter Is Coming." Nah frfr, it's up like Cardi B said! It's too much going on y'all, lemme know if you enjoyed chapter four! Don't forget to vote & comment #MakeVampiresCoolAgain
-Shazzam. And tell me who y'all fav character so far?

"Alex, edit my book." "Alex, why won't you hurry up? "Alex, you're fired!" Please understand this is my weekly conversation with Shazzam... Chapter 4 finished and still here XD (< I hate that)
-Alex the Editor

I really hope you all enjoy the book. Shazzam has put a lot of work into this book and a lot of thought into the series. I'm very impressed with his commiment. Pretty good :)))))))))) smile ig