Seventy eight

"That was hell. Actual physical hell," Meredith moaned as Jackson sat beside them on the curb outside the hotel, their suitcases at their feet while they waited for the bus.

"I think I went a tad overboard," Cristina said. "A lot overboard," she sighed.

"They took something from me," Meredith said.

"Yeah, that wasn't an exam. That was an interrogation," Jackson said.

"Like, way, way overboard," Cristina whispered.

"The mind games," Meredith moaned.

"Trick questions," April said.

"It felt like Al Qaeda in there," Jackson groaned, leaning his head against April's shoulder.

"Next test is June," Meredith said.

"June's not bad," Cristina said.

"Next year, 2013," Erin clarified.

"Oh," Cristina whispered.

"What's done is done. Let's just not even talk about it anymore," Jackson said.

"Anyone know how Alex did?" Erin asked.

"Anyone know if Alex made it?" April said.

"Made it?" Cristina said.

"What do you mean, made it?" Meredith said. Erin sighed.

"He left yesterday. Morgan's baby's surgery was bad, his bowels were rotted so they took him off for AND. I asked him to come back but you know he won't listen," Erin explained.

"And he didn't come back?" Meredith looked at April.

"I have no idea," April said. Erin pulled out her phone, calling Arizona.

"Hey, baby! How was it? How did you all do?" Arizona asked.

"Eh, we have no idea, yet. Did Alex leave?" Erin said.

"Yeah, this morning. At six. Did he make it?" Arizona asked.

"No idea. I've got to call him. I love you, bye," Erin ended the call and clicked on Alex's name. The phone went straight to voicemail. "It's dead," she sighed.

"Hey," Alex said, jogging over to them with his bag. Erin jumped up and hugged him.

"I am so glad you made it," she whispered.

"I missed the first session so if I failed either of the other ones, I'm screwed," Alex sighed, helping Erin back onto the curb.

"We're all screwed," Meredith said.

"Completely and utterly screwed," Jackson agreed.

"Ugh. Gotta pee. Gotta pee. Gotta pee. Gotta pee. Gotta pee," April cried, running off the bus and into the hospital.

"What time you got?" Jackson asked, climbing out after her.

"12:04," Cristina said.

"Oh! It's supposed to come online at midnight," Jackson cursed.

"I mean, it's four minutes late. Come on, people," Meredith groaned. Erin refreshed her phone again, staring desperately at the page that would show if she would continue her career or not.

"Crazy doctors, they crashed the system," Alex groaned.

"I already know I failed, so I don't know why I keep hitting the refresh button," Meredith said.

"Okay, if anyone failed, was me, because my guy had a vendetta," Cristina sighed.

"Please. I've got the odds on failure," Alex rolled his eyes.