· Overptotective-bur ·

This chapter was requested by TaliaBaker12

Enjoy! xx

***

Sophie's POV

***

It's been almost a week since the meetup between me, Wilbur, Phil, Tommy and Tubbo. I had a lot of fun hanging out with them on the pier and have been texting them over the last few days. I also tune into their streams and talk to them on discord on Will's computer whenever they're free to do so.

***

Sophie's POV

6 pm

***

I fluff out my hair and make sure my top isn't inside out before grabbing my bag and jogging downstairs. Tonight, Tommy invited me over for a movie night. He mentioned Tubbo and his other good friend Eren would be there.

"Will, Tommy invited me over. I'll be back around eight-"

I walk down the last step and reach for the doorknob until Wilbur turns around from the kitchen sink. He adjusts his glasses on his nose with a confused look on his face.

"Hang on a second," Wilbur chuckles, shaking his head as he holds a soapy plate in his hand. "Who said you're going out now?"

The soap from the plate splatters to the floor and Wilbur places it back in the sink. It's his turn to do the dishes tonight. It looks like mopping duty is his too.

"It's Tommy," I say. "We're just going to chill and hang out"

"I don't think its a good idea for you to be out so late"

"Eight is late? Come on oldbur. Lighten up," I giggle.

"It gets dark at five," Will points out, drying his hands on his black jeans. "A lot of creeps hang about around eight. I don't feel safe having you out at that hour"

"Tommy offered to walk me home-"

"No offence, but I don't think Tommy could fight off creepy men by himself. The only thing Tommyinnit can fight off are spiders from Minecraft and skeletons if he's lucky"

I roll my eyes and huff, crossing my arms over my chest. Wilbur always gets protective when it comes to me going out anywhere. I went down to the shop last week and he almost had a heart attack because I didn't come home within ten minutes.

"Firstly, don't roll your eyes at me," Will sighs, fixing me with a look. "Secondly, you two can hang out tomorrow afternoon or he can come over here. I won't have you out past seven without me or someone above the age of sixteen with you. It's dangerous"

"Wilbur, please! Cmon!"

"I'm sorry, Sophs. No"

I feel frustration enter my bloodstream. Wilbur never acts like this. Will is so laid back and never cares about what I do. What's the sudden change?

"Will," I sigh, sitting at the kitchen counter to plead my case. "It's just a movie night with Tommy, Tubbo and Eren. They'll walk me home if-"

"Sophie, I said no," Will sighs, shaking his head. "I know you want to go, but after what happened to Sarah Everard-"

I shudder at the thought of what happened to the poor woman. I hate the fact that Wilbur brings up a dead lady to prove a point. It's just not fair, is it?

"Will, please," I sigh. "I haven't left the house since I got here and-"

"Sophie, no is no. Stop arguing with me, please"

"Just listen to me," I groan. "I'll be fine!"

"Sophie-"

"Ugh! You're so unfair!"

Will sighs and rubs his face as I grab my bag and storm upstairs. I'm definitely frustrated and annoyed. I get where he's coming from, but Tommy and Tubbo said they'd walk me home no problem!

I thought Will would be happy that I'm making friends. He always goes on about how antisocial I am.

I shut my bedroom door behind me and sigh, throwing my bag on my bed. I text Tommy that I can't go and faceplant into my bed pillows. I'm fed up with everything at the moment. I wish I could go and take a walk and see friends past eight pm without having to deal with most men. Why do most men have to be so overpowering? Why can't men and women coexist equally without the creepy parts?

I shut my eyes and breathe heavily into my pillow. I really did want to see Tommy and Tubbo again tonight. They're so funny and nice to be around. I wouldn't say this to their faces, especially Tommy's, but it's true.

***

8 pm

***

Knock knock

I sigh and lift my head from my pillow. My bedroom door opens and Wilbur steps through.

"Hey, it's me," he smiles, resting against my doorframe. "The one you probably hate at the moment"

I roll my eyes. "I don't hate you"

Will sighs and walks towards my bed. I move over so he can sit.

"You do know I just want to keep you safe, right?"

I pull my knees up to my chest and rest my chin on them. I look down to the floor and sigh, suddenly feeling like a small kid again. 

"I promise you can see the boys soon, okay?" Will says, brushing pieces of my hair off my shoulder. "I'm really happy you're making friends with them but you have to understand my concerns as your brother. I don't want you to be on the news next with those disgusting men"

"I get that," I sigh, leaning onto his shoulder. "I just hate being a girl sometimes. I can never do anything without some guy looking me up and down"

Will sighs and gives me a gentle squeeze. "I know, Sophs. I hate that you feel that way about yourself "

"I just want to be normal"

"Hey," Will frowns, cupping my chin in his hand. "You are normal. I get that it's frustrating, but I want you to love yourself for who you are, no matter what"

I've never seen Wilbur look so serious or talk to me so meaningfully. The strength in his hand as he holds my jaw feels comforting and I can tell he really cares. It's strange to see since Will and I banter all the time, never dealing with serious stuff.

"Do you want something to eat?"

I shake my head no and let out a yawn, covering my mouth quickly. Will laughs and kisses my temple, giving me a quick hug before standing up.

"Go to bed, Sophs. Sweet dreams"

With that, Will turns my bedside table lamp off and shuts my bedroom door behind him as he leaves. 

I settle down in bed and sigh happily, letting a small smirk find its way onto my face. Sometimes Wilbur can be ridiculously overprotective, but I guess its not all that bad. 

***