𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬

WARNING ⚠️; death by su!cide (please don't read this if that makes you uncomfortable, as well my messages are always open)

date; started; 3/22/21 - published; 3/22/21

notes; this is inspired by a post i saw on google

summary; that tweet becomes the second most retweeted tweet a year after louis and harry break up

no pov

It's four years since one direction took their break. Harry's solo career is booming, Niall is living his best solo life, Liam is spending more time with his son, Zayn is living a happier life, and Louis...

Well Louis is sitting at home in the dark, the pewter clouds pouring out into the sky. The soft patter of rain hits the white washed windowsill as Louis stares out of it.

He looks up into the dark night and sees the shine of the moon casting a soft glow in the living room. He feels the tears trickle down his face as he scoots from his spot at the window to grab his phone off the once put together coffee table.

When harry's scent filled the room, when the coffee table was clean and organized, when harry would yell at Louis for putting his shoes on the couch.

Louis unlocks his phone, his wallpaper still hasn't changed. It's harry's soft pink lips kissing the side of his head, harry's curls were everywhere since they woke up from a long nap and took the photo.

Louis can still feel the soft pads of Harry's fingers on his indented cheeks. How harry would lightly brush his fingers along Louis' skin, feeling the goosebumps up and down his body.

He feels how those fingertips left his skin, leaving his body shivering. He sees the boy's red rimmed eyes as he stormed out of the small house, harry was never fond of a big house anyways.

He inspects the coffee table and smiles slightly at harry most definitely getting all flustered over its state.

There are dozens of empty bottles of beer, old cigarette buds, photos of him and harry, and some dried blood from where Louis punched the table after harry didn't come back.

He turns back to his phone and scrolls through to find his mail app. He scrolls through the occasional spam, and some flashy diamond rings that would have complimented harry's skin tone.

He finally sees an email from twitter, he clicks on it with a firm tap and begins to read the message.

'Congratulations Louis Tomlinson,

Your tweet "Always in my heart @Harry_Styles. Yours sincerely, Louis" has reached the placement of the second most retweeted tweet on our platform! You and anyone tagged have received this email as a way to shed light on your achievement.

Thanks,
twitter team'

He stares at the message, scanning a few parts again. He tagged harry. Harry saw this, or maybe he chose to ignore it.

Louis throws his phone against the gray hardwood floor, causing a couple of small glass pieces from his screen to skid across the floor.

He collapses onto the ground and sobs loudly. Management made him delete so many of the tweets but Louis always stayed strong on that tweet, he would argue over and over again trying to salvage that tweet.

He remembers reading the replies with harry, they would giggle and smile when they saw how the fans reacted to it.

During their fights when they both struggled to hold back their restraint to run into the others arms, they would read the replies.