✮ 𝟎𝟓𝟔 ✮

wakanda

MARLENE was on the ground as Eitri showed the quartet the mold for the new weapon. Thor looked at it proudly as Rocket frowned at it. Marlene rubbed her head where the headache she had was finally seceding. She closed her eyes as she focused her energy to strengthen her body and mind again. She was growing stronger by the moment.

Rocket's voice cut in, and she opened her eyes with a questioning look at the raccoon. "This is the plan? We're gonna hit him with a brick?"

"It's a mold," Eitri answered. "A king's weapon. Meant to be the greatest in Asgard. In theory, it could even summon the Bifrost."

Thor smirked at that, knowing since Heimdall was dead that there was no way to open the Bifrost again. "Did it have a name?"

"Stormbreaker," Eitri said with his hoarse voice.

"That's a bit much," Rocket said with a shrug.

Thor helped Marlene stand when he noticed her, grabbing her hand to hold it as she felt his nerves grow. "So how do we make it?"

"You'll have to restart the forge. Awaken the heart of a dying star," Eitri stated.

Thor let Marlene go as he pointed at Rocket. "Rabbit, fire up the pod. Marlene, would you go with him?"

"What about you?"

"I need you to stay safe," Thor said as he shoved her toward the pod. As she jumped in, Groot followed. Rocket hesitated as Thor attached a cable to the pod's outside walls.

Rocket shook his head as he jumped into the pod, sitting cautiously. "I don't think you get the scientifics here. These rings are gigantic. You wanna get them moving, you're gonna need something a lot bigger to yank 'em loose."

"Leave that to me," Thor said quickly.

"Leave that to you? Buddy, you're in space. All you got is a rope and a—" Rocket started but was cut off when Thor swung the pod around, causing Marlene and Rocket to scream. When he had enough slack, he sent the pod flying away from Nidavellir.

"Fire the engines!" Thor called from his spot at the end of it. Rocket groaned as he started the pod, letting it begin to skim over the surface of the ring they were on. Underneath them, Thor dug a hand into the ring, getting a foothold againt the pod's motion. Marlene grinned as the ice around the rings began to crackle. "MORE... POWER... RABBIT!"

As Rocket pushed the acceleration forward, Marlene watched as the rings came to life, the star quickly following.

"Well done, boy," Eitri yelled as the pod came to a stop next to the elf. Thor pointed at the star with a grin to Rocket.

"That's Nivadellir!" Thor stated.

The star stayed ablaze for a few moments as the occupants of the pod stepped out of it. Eitri was able to get the metal started, but soon, the ring portal mechanism failed and crumbled loose. They winced synchronously as the portal slammed shut. The trail of light from the star stopped beaming.

"Damn it," the elf muttered.

"Damn it? What's damn it?" Rocket asked worriedly.

Eitri walked forward to the mold. "The mechanism is crippled. With the iris closed I can't heat the metal."

Marlene frowned. "How long will it take to heat?" she asked, stepping forward.

Eitri eyed her oddly. "A few minutes, maybe more. Why?"

Thor laughed at Marlene before pressing a hand on her shoulder. "I'm gonna hold it open," Thor said quickly.

"That's suicide!" Eitri exclaimed.