Independence Day

"So that's it? He knows now? You filled him in?" Stiles asked Will as they changed into their lacrosse gear

"So that's it? He knows now? You filled him in?" Stiles asked Will as they changed into their lacrosse gear. Will shrugged, throwing on his jersey. "Yeah. He wants to be a part of it now. If we need anything. Said he's all in."

Stiles turned to Will, hitting his shoulder, making Will turn to Stiles with a small pout, holing onto his shoulder. "This is a good thing." Stiles said, Wills brows furrowed at his words. "It is?" Stiles looked at Will, giving him an 'are you kidding me?' look. "Yes!"

"Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will be joining others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind." Coach screamed, making the whole locker room turn to him as Melissa McCall walked in with Stephanie trailing behind her.

"What?" Melissa questioned as she and Stephanie finally got to Will and Stiles.

"Mankind... that word should have new meaning for all of us today." Coach said, pointing at the players, Stephanie pulled her lips into a line, trying to hide a smile at the mans words and Will reciting them beside her from hearing the speech on multiple occasions.

"What the hell is he talking about?" Melissa asked again, turning to the boys, her eyes going wide at Will following along with Coach's words. "He does this every year." Stephanie whispered, leaning closer to Melissa who turned to her with raised brows. "Seriously?"

"We are fighting for our right to live." Coach said again as Will did a fake salute. Stiles glared at him, whacking the back of his head, making him stop as realization hit Melissas face. "Wait, is this?"

"Yeah, it's the speech from independence day." Stiles answered, already knowing what she was thinking. Will hummed, leaning closer to the three as he added. "Coach's favorite movie."

"We will not go quietly into the night!"

"Does he know any sport speeches?" Melissa asked and Stephanie tilted her head in confusion. "I don't think he cares."

"Today we celebrate our independence day! Let's do this!" Coach finished, the locker room cheering as someone walked up beside him. Gerard smiled at Coach Finstock before turning his attention to the team. "Well spoken, coach. I might have chosen something with a little more historical value, but there's no denying your passion. And while I haven't been here long, there's no denying my pride in having a winning team for this school. I know you'll all be brilliant tonight, even with only one co-captain leading you. Now, I'm your principal, but I'm also a fan. So don't think I'll be content to watch you merely beat this team. Get out there and murder them."

Stephanie felt a chill go down her spine as her jaw subconsciously clenched, Stiles and Will noticing the mans choice of words as well as Coach whooped. "You heard the man. Asses on the field!"

...

Stephanie sat with Melissa, the sheriff, and her dad at the game, her mom still working.