Reality

*sorry this is a short but then again all the chapters will probably be short.. anyways enjoy eating  these words that I have set to print and have a nice day/night*

'No.. She wouldn't.. would she?'

'She loves me right?'

'Right?'

'She wouldn't leave if she loves me.'

'She will come back.'

     She never came back.

     Izuku waited all night.

     He slept on the bench she left him on, tears flowed freely down the five year olds face. 'Why didn't she come back? Why did she leave?'  Izuku spent the morning contemplating why she left. 'Maybe she was forced? Maybe she needs help! I can help her that's what hero's do! And I'm going to be a hero!' 

     'I should check the house first to see if she's there and if she isn't then I can ask around if anyone has seen a blue minivan.'  Izuku thought defiantly as he headed in the direction he thought his house would be.

    After a long day  of wandering around trying to find his way back home he made it. Izuku climbed the stairs of  his apartment slowly, on guard, he didn't want any of his neighbors to see him returning without his mother. He finally got to the door of the apartment. The doormat that he and his mother had picked out specially was shifted slightly to the left signaling that someone had been here in his absence. 'Maybe mom came back.' 

     Izuku grabs the spare key from under the mat before inserting it into the keyhole. With a twist the door swings open to reveal a sparsely populated apartment.  The furniture is covered in white sheets and most of the small personal items are gone. 'What happened? Where did all the stuff go?'  Izuku runs to his mom's room to find it empty of everything but the bed frame. Izuku then rushes to his room where he finds everything untouched.

     'Why is my room the same but the rest of the house has been raided?' Izuku hears the crunch of paper under him as he sits down on his bed.

"What's that?!" He snatches the crumpled paper of the bed and unfolds it.

Dear Izuku,

    I'm very sorry but it has became apparent to me that you are useless now that I know that you don't have a quirk. I've left for America don't try to follow me. Rent on the house is paid for the rest of the year.

~Inko

"Sh-she left?"

     "No, no this isn't happening. She wouldn't leave me. This has to be a fake letter or something.. but it's in mom's handwriting.. maybe she was kidnapped and forced to write this note to explain her departure? But she wouldn't have told her kidnappers that I'm quirkless.. And her handwriting isn't even a little shaky indicating that she was fine when writing this so the only logical explanation of it is that she... she.." Izuku mutters, coming to the realization that he was truly alone.

      His eyes start to water at the thought. He thinks of his mother, how she always seemed so supportive of  him. How could not having a quirk change any of the love he had always felt from her? Why did she care if he didn't have that power? He was still her son right? Why would you ever leave your only son?

'This is all because I'm quirkless.'  Izuku curled up in his bed sheets and cried himself to sleep that night.

(581 words)