Selfish (part 2)

You two went out to dinner, just as planned, around 8 o'clock. It was nice, the hours of just spending time together in the living room, but you needed air, you needed to go outside.

After the first two movies, it got a little boring, but Edgar knew you well. He could see how fidgety you were getting, how you eyes would flicker towards the clock more often. He didn't like how you attention was off of him so he did something out of character.

He opted to play simple childish games with you.

You had asked him to play a game with you once when you were still just dating and that's when you found out that he hated them, not because they were for children or some other stupid reason like that, but because he was horrible at almost all of them, whether they be skill based or luck based. And for some reason, he was only bad when he was playing against you.

Yet he was trying to entertain you by playing games like cards and tic-tac-toe and chopsticks. You two played mancala, Jenga, blackjack, dominos, and Uno and you beat him in all of them every single time.

He didn't even know why he let you pick out all of those game sets, knowing damn well he was never going to have fun playing them, but then he saw your smiling face and he remembered why he even gave in to purchasing them in the first place.

"I win." You said, beaming up from your cards with those cute eyes of yours. You flashed a peace sign, the sign of victory and you grinned with satisfaction. He liked that look, that confidence that you usually lacked in every other situation. Honestly, that smug smirk of yours was a wonderfully sexy sight to behold. You looked so strong, so proud. He wouldn't mind if you felt that strong all the time–like you were on the top of the world.

However, though he enjoyed that look, Edgar found that he didn't want to play anymore. He was the one looking at the clock. Sure, he liked seeing you win and he liked how he didn't have to go easy on you because you were so damn lucky all the time, but he was also a sore loser.

The man didn't like losing. No one in his family did. He was starting to think it was an inherited trait as even his grand parents show aggression when playing causal little games. He remembered vividly that when he was a kid, and he and his siblings were playing monopoly, His elder brother had given his youngest sister a paper cut with the Mediterranean Avenue card and literally mugged her for all of her play money. His father's reaction?

"Life is like that sometimes." He said casually.

In the end, after losing time and time again, Edgar proposed to go to dinner an hour early. You two showered and got dressed separately as to make it a surprise. Edgar used the hall bathroom, and you got to use the big master bathroom. Dressing separately was a sort of tradition you two had started doing recently for date nights to keep things lively, playing off the tradition of the groom not seeing the brides dress until the wedding.

You wore a white blouse underneath a cute beige sweater and a dark red skirt, putting on some sparkling earrings and putting on your favorite lipgloss. You had chosen a necklace that Edgar's sister had given you as a wedding gift. It was (white/yellow/rose) gold and it had a small heart-shaped white diamond dangling in the center. You loved the way it shimmered and you like to wear it on almost every date night.

You grabbed some white flats, putting them on swiftly and then spraying a nice subtle perfume to finish off. As you walked out of your shared bedroom looking nice and gorgeous, you see Edgar right down the hall.

He wore all black, which was a great contrast with your cute look. He wore a black long sleeve turtleneck, which was tucked into his pristine black slacks. He wore a black leather belt, with a silver buckle and a thin silver chain necklace adorned his neck.