XIV. 0.6 Seconds

Harry; 

"Be safe, Harold. I don't want getting a call that you got mugged by a bear," dad says to me. 

I laugh and wave him off. "I promise we'll be fine. No alcohol, drugs, and stupid fire tricks. Plus, there are other people at the camping site, dad." 

"I know, that's the only reason I'm letting you go through with this," he tells me, arranging the tools in his box. I tighten my grip on the strap of my bag, sighing as he adds, "Her grandmother must really like you; letting you take her granddaughter up to a camping site." 

"It's only three days," I scoff amusingly. "But, I gotta go. Love you!" I call, starting to throw my bag into the truck and climbing inside. 

"Remember to fill up the tank before you go and before you return!" He shouts after me. 

"Got it!" I turn the engine on and off I go to her house. I arrive at her house and just to my luck, she's outside with her back turned to me, looking into the mailbox.

In her pajamas, she stands there looking through envelopes. I smile to myself before quietly shutting off the engine and stepping out. I jog up behind her until she shrieks as my arms wrap around her body. She's breathing heavily, now knowingly, but surprised. 

In my arms, I pick her up and spin her around. She cries out, "It's too early for these things!" I laugh and set her down a couple of seconds later.

She turns and gazes up at me with those hazel eyes, and evidence remains that she just woke up. I immediately want to kiss her because she looks absolutely adorable.

She's frowning with confusion and breathlessly asks, "What are you doing here so early? And why are you grinning?"

"We're going on a camping trip today," I announced, watching as her mouth parts and she raises her eyebrows. "I already asked Nonna." 

Alexis nods quickly. "Come inside as I get ready. I'm excited," she gushed, eyes widening with obvious excitement. I chuckle at her as she scurries back upstairs in her striped shorts and long t-shirt, curls flying everywhere so messily. 

I run a hand through my hair and step through the door, closing it behind me. She's off to her bedroom upstairs and I wait around in the kitchen where I find Nonna already eating breakfast. She looks up at me and grins. 

"Good morning, Harry. Care to have a quick chat?" 

"Good morning." I nod quietly and sit with her, she offers me food but I have already eaten so I thank her, and refuse. I've started calling her Nonna myself, and she doesn't mind at all. 

She crosses her arms over her chest. "I'm responsible for Alexis, but you're keeping her for three days, so that means for that time being you are responsible for her, too. I just want to remind you to be careful with everything and just have fun -- not too much fun." 

I blush as she finishes her last sentence. I laugh and nod in agreement. "I will, I promise." 

"You better!" She yells playfully, then asking, "Are you sure you don't want waffles? I made them myself. I swear, nothing illegal is in them." 

We spend most of the time it gets Alexis to get ready talking about simple things. When my baby finally arrives, she's dressed in a white, cotton tank top and dark green shorts. She is tying her boots and then she ties her curls up in a pony tail. 

She sighs and grabs a waffle from a plate, biting into it while she stands near the table. "Nonna, you didn't buy anymore rum like I asked you to, right?"