33

Double update! Make sure to read chapter 32 before this one :)

...

Amelia

Alessandro was right. The party did wait for us, or more specifically it waited for him and Harry Styles.

As soon as we arrived, about three hours ago, Harry scurried off with Alessandro to begin their 'hosting duties'. I wasn't mad that Harry had to leave my side, especially since I had Harry Lambert with me. I understood he had an obligation and to be honest, it was quite entertaining to watch. He was scrambling around, shouting things like "Welcome guys, gals, and non-binary pals!" while we all shuffled into the gymnasium. He was all hopped up on energy and he hadn't even had anything to drink at that point.

I haven't really seen too much of him this night since he's been busy getting things in order and greeting nearly every person to walk in. But I didn't let that faze me. He promised to spend time with me when he could and in the meantime, I have Harry Lambert with me. He's actually very good company, with his witty conversations and his ability to slip me drinks every few minutes. I can't remember how many shots we've done but enough so that I can't feel my shoulders.

"We should go out more often!" Harry Lambert shouts over the blasting music around us.

The two of us stand at the open bar, where we've been glued to for the past hour. I had just finished off another drink - some kind of vodka - while he sips on some neat tequila. 

I drunkenly nod in agreement. 

"Yes!" I yell, even though the sober side of me would probably disagree. "There's this club nearby I think you'd might like! It's called 1 OAK. Harry and I have been there a couple of times."

Harry Lambert raises his eyebrows.

"Yeah? I think I've heard of it! Big celebrity presence. Costs a couple grand just to get in!" he says.

I feel like I knew that but I also can't remember. It makes sense that it would be so expensive. It's a high end club in the middle of Manhattan after all.

I open my mouth to respond to Harry but just as I do, a woman walks into my peripheral vision causing me to turn and look at her. I squint my eyes, knowing she looks familiar, but where do I know her from? I can't for the life of me place it.

"Amelia!" she says, her voice annoying high pitched in a fake way. "It's so wonderful to see you again!"

I study the woman. Clearly she's a model, that part is obvious. She's got a killer body that's accentuated in a dress that leaves little to the imagination, but somehow she makes it work. Her hair is down in loose waves, nearly touching her lower back. Her blue eyes are lined with thick eyeliner and mascara.

Oh.

I know where I know her from. We had met at the Victoria's Secret Fashion show in 2017.

"It's nice to see you again, Crystal!" I say to her, sending her a fake smile. "Didn't know you were invited tonight."

Her smile falters briefly.

"I could say the same about you. Usually it's only celebrities that get to go to these events, not the general public," she replies. "How's Harry been? I haven't seen him tonight. I was hoping we could catch up."

Anger bubbles up inside of me but I try not to let it show. Maybe if I was sober I could think more rationally about this, but all I want to do is scream and lash out. She's not a threat to me like I thought she was all those years ago, but she still annoys the shit out of me.