New York

Chapter 8

I got dressed in probably one of the most basic outfits I have worn yet. A white lace shirt and leggings. 

Allow me to explain.

It's a college party. Everyone knows that when you go to a college party, you expect everything to get ruined.

"Alright no sad bullshit in here okay? Happy vibes only, get drunk." Aiden says before he pushes me through the door of the fraternity house. 

I'm not a drinker. I never have been, but I don't know maybe I need a little fun. 

I follow behind Beca as she walks into the kitchen. "You know this place pretty well." I state. I watch wide eyed as she pours a lot of liquor into my cup before adding juice. "They have a lot of parties." She shrugs before tipping her shot glass back, letting the contents of the shot glass flow down her throat. 

I grab my drink that Beca made from the counter and took a sip. Wow that is strong. She is never making my drink again. 

"Cam! Glad to see you here!" Zach stumbles his way over to me. Wow, he reeks of alcohol. "How much did you drink?" I ask. "Probably too much." He admits. 

I decide to take a deep breath and try my best to down the contents in my cup. 

Not my brightest moment but we can't all be smart. 

"Let's dance!" Ivy grabs my hands and pulls me into the living room. They had moved all of the furniture from the living room and made it a dance floor. I'm not really much of a dancer, but with a little liquid courage...

After two hours, I had drank three of Beca's signature drinks. The room spun if I moved too much so I stuck to sitting down on a chair in the corner of the dinning hall. 

"I think it's time we go home. We can all crash at Dante's place, no one is home." Dillion grabs my arms and wraps them around his neck. I could walk if I tried I just don't feel like trying. My body feels like a bunch of spaghetti noodles in boiling water. 

"Zach, bro." Dillion sighs. I look over and laugh when Zach falls into the door frame. Dillion doesn't seem to be laughing at us. "Come on Dillion, laugh a little!" I push my hands into his stomach trying to tickle him. 

"Seriously!" He yells. "Zach, no! Put the vase down." He pushes my shoulders down so I sit back in my chair. We made Dillion the designated driver but I feel bad. 

"Hey!" Dillion's voice could be heard over the loud speaker in the fraternity. "Anyone who came to this party with me, we are leaving. You have ten seconds to get to the front door or I am leaving you here." 

Jeez, what a downer.  

"Let's go." I got up from the chair, fell into the wall, and then made my way out to the car. Dillion had to carry Zach. Aiden, Beca, and Ivy were already in the car when I reached it. "Where is Anara?" I ask. "Back there." I glance in the trunk and see her passed out body. 

"Roll down the window, I think I'm going to be sick." Zach says. "Throw up in my car Zach and I will literally cut your dick off." Dillion replies as he rolls down all the windows in the car. Thank God he did because Zach threw up shortly after. 

The wind blows through my hair. I always found the night to be so peaceful. 

"Aiden, grab Anara." Dillion demands. We are already here? How long was I thinking about the sky? Dillion opens my car door, "Can you walk?" He asks. "Of course." I respond, although I'm not too confident. 

I slide my way out the car and begin walking. I feel like I'm on a trampoline. 

For the rumors being that he has all this money...his house is pretty average. I'm not complaining, of course. He just does not come across to me as humble. "He lives alone." I ask Aiden. "Yes." 

We enter the house and instantly Zach collapses onto the couch. Aiden lays Anara on the other couch. 

"Ivy and Beca, guest room. Camille you can sleep in Dante's bed, just don't throw up." Dillion states as he throws water in Zach's face. "Dick." 

Dante's bed...nice.

"Um, do you think you could show me where his room is?" I ask. He looks at me for a moment, "You've never been here before?" He asks. "No?" I question. Was I supposed to know? Does he think Dante and I...? "Are you coming?" Dillion asks. I really need to stop doing that. 

I grab his arm to help me up the stairs. 

"Last door on the right." He states. "Thank you." I say and begin to open Dante's door. "Dillion." I stop. "He's not coming back, is he?" I leave my hand on the doorknob just incase I embarrass myself and need to hide. 

"We will talk in the morning." He says. "No." I reply. 

"No?" He asks. 

"No. You'll tell me now." I turn around and cross my arms over my chest. He sighs, "Fine." He walks towards me and opens Dante's door. "Sit down first." I listen. although I'm sure I would be just fine to stand despite my body swaying. 

"He went to New York. He said his mom left something in the floorboards of the bakery." The bakery his dad sold... "He was reckless. He destroyed the building, broke all the windows...Camille he got arrested. He's in jail." Jail.

This is too much. 

He got arrested. 

At least he's not dead. 

"But, he wants you to go to New York when we bail him out." He finally spits out. 

Woah.