🎭 . . chapter eight.

( ❑❑❑ )

"good afternoon!" yuta barged in moonyoung's office while she was reading e-mails from executives. still, even after the suddenness, the woman remained unbothered. "i bought some wine. wanna drink?"

the question caused her to look up at the man setting the bottle of alcohol on her desk with narrowed eyes. "now? when the sun's still up?"

"you act like you don't do it."

"you don't do it. what happened to your liver health advocacy anyway?"

instead of an actual answer, yuta snickered, sitting on the chair in front of her desk.

"can i work here for today?" in an instant, he changed the topic. "like, inside your office? maybe in one of those couches. they look comfy enough. we can also discuss the month's sale decrease too while i'm here. i promise i won't disturb you while i'm around."

"why?"

"why not? i mean, your air conditioning is better than mine."

"that's not my problem."

"well, you're the ceo."

"still not my problem." moonyoung shrugged, giving her focus back to the screen projecting her e-mails. "call the janitor, mr. nakamoto."

despite continuously being shooed away, none of them seemed to shake him.

"moonyoung-ah, come on. just for today?"

she wanted to remain firm until it would cause the guy to just walk away and give up due to exhaustion, but accidentally catching a glimpse of him as he pleaded sure was a sight which caused her much inner conflict. it had the power to make her rethink.

with a click of her tongue, she gave in. "fine."

( ❑❑❑ )

even after their shifts, yuta still clung to moonyoung as she walked to her vehicle. with this, he garnered a great amount of questions, eye rolls, and hisses all from her.

"i don't know why you're being so obsessed with me today," she said, the irritation overpowering her raging confidence. "do you need anything from me?"

"yeah, i actually do." both stopped walking afterwards. "i need, or want to help you and thank god you brought it up so we could finally talk about it."

"i didn't ask for any help though?"

"you don't get it. you didn't, but haven't you noticed how much your eyes are betraying you? i did propose that one networkly project entitled empathy, so of course i have it. and now i'm empathizing with you and there's just something that tells me you're unwell."

moonyoung let out a laugh. more specifically, an oddly quiet one which dripped with sarcasm. it was as if she was stopping herself from releasing her (dreaded) anger.

"so you wanna be my therapist?"

"not quite, but you're getting the point."

"do i look mentally unstable to you?"

he took a deep breath before responding, "yes."

"fuck off."

( ❑❑❑ )