Til Death Do Us Part?

I stood there in shock.

What just happened?

I started to hear loud whispers all around me. I looked at Grayson and he looked at me before chasing after Alex.

I met Ainsley's eyes and she was subtlety glaring at me. I quickly broke the eye contact not wanting to cause a problem. I wanted to go find Alex, but I wasn't sure if I should. It's been so long since I've even spoke to him.

"Everyone please stay seated, Alex will be be back shortly," A older woman spoke out to the crowd. I'm guessing it was Ainsley's mother.

I decided to stay put but I could feel my gut being twisted. My curiosity was itching to find out what was going on. I watched as Ainsley walked down the aisle to go find Alex I had assumed. Before she could get out the door, Grayson walked in and stopped her and whispered something in her ear.

I looked at the two of them as they seemed to be having a subtle dispute. I watched as Ainsley put her hand up to her mouth. Was she holding back a cry?

I decided to walk back to them hoping not too many people would see me. "Is everything okay?" I asked in a soft tone.

Ainsley sent me a harsh glare. "Does everything look okay?" She retorted at me.

"Alex is getting cold feet I guess," Grayson said.

"He does not!" Ainsley whispered with force.

"Why don't you go talk to him Ainsley?" I asked. I don't know why but I felt bad for her.

"He told me specifically that he didn't want to speak to anyone at the moment," Grayson explained.

"So what's gonna happen now?" I questioned.

"The wedding will go on as planned," Ainsley snapped.

"Alex said he needed a few minutes to himself ."

I nodded.

"Ana can you go outside to the car and get me my speech from the glove compartment?" Grayson asked.

"Uh yeah sure," I said while he handed me the keys.

As I stepped through the doors, emptiness enveloped me. It was so quiet and bare without the chatter and presence of all the guests. I walked down the loud cold floor hoping I'd be able to find the door I came in through. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a dim light coming through the crack of a door. I walked back a couple of steps and peeped an eye in. Alex sat in a chair leaned over with his face in his hands.

I decided to open the door slowly. He looked stressed and tired.

"Hey," I said soft as I leaned in the doorway.

He quickly looked up and stared at me. He didn't say a word for what seemed like the longest time.

"You have a wedding going on you know?" I tried to lightly joke around.

He gave me a tiny smile. Alex still hadn't said a word to me. His eyes just stayed on mine in a warm silence.

As much I wanted to just stand there and look at him, I needed to go get that speech and leave before I really got into all my feels.

"Well if you're not going to say anything, I'll leave you to it," I smiled genuinely.

"Where are you going?" Alex asked.

"Grayson asked me to go get his speech."

Alex gave me a small side grin and looked to the the ground. "He already has it. He asked you to do that so you would come see me."