[68] - Little Garden Arc ~ 7

🏴‍☠️️Ch.68: A Siren's Blood Boils! Usopp's Quick Thinking!🏴‍☠️️

"This is such good to teeeeaa..." Luffy grits his teeth, trying to fight against Ms. Goldenweek's control of colors.

He fights just enough to lift his head to look upon (First Name), trapped in her regally, yet forcefully, posed wax prison.

"Luffy!" Usopp calls out, a darkness of anger hanging over his face. "Why are you sitting there... and drinking tea?!"

It's then that he notices the green circular marking on the back of Luffy's vest. The sniper grits his teeth, finally understands that Luffy's not sitting around and drinking tea by his own choice.

As he's about to make a move to help, Mr. 5 emerges from the jungles.

"Run all you want. It's all over for you and your friends." He raises a flintlock revolver to his lips. "Here comes my best trick so far!" He blows into the spinning barrel.

Literally leaping into action atop Carue, Usopp loads his slingshot aiming it at Luffy. "Special Attack: Exploding Star!"

Mr. 5 fires off three shots of his gun, though it appears no damage has been dealt as all the shots miss.

As Usopp's shot goes flying, it ignites itself and Luffy is set ablaze once it hits.

Ms. Goldenweek ducks and covers, rearing back as the flames nearly lick her skin, crying out in fear. It was the most sign of emotion anyone had seen on her face.

Ms. Valentine floats above, laughing mockingly at the Straw Hat sniper's apparent blunder in hitting his own captain. "What an idiot! He missed the target and hit his friend instead.

Usopp and Carue land safely, their task completed. "Good, that was the last of his bullets."

However, before the two can act again, an invisible force can be felt heading right for them. Usopp makes the mistake of stopping to turn around and look.

The corner of Mr. 5's lips upturn into a small smirk. "Breeze Breath Bomb!"

The unseeable force explodes in Usopp's face, sending him and Carue flying back, leaving them slightly burnt all over.

"Did I forget to mention that my breath is also explosive?" Mr. 5 taunts.

"Damn. I can't believe this guy!" Usopp groans. "He didn't have any bullets to begin with?!"

"Hey, Carue...Are you all right?"

Carue quacks weakly in response, otherwise alright, if not a little roasted.

Lifting himself up onto his hands, Usopp calls out for his captain. "Luffy...! You snap out of it yet?"

Luffy staggers to his feet after the ensuing fiery blast. "Yeah. I'm good now, thanks." He moans, singed but okay himself. His shirt is burnt off from the attack, ridding the captain of the Colors Trap.

Ms. Valentine gasps in disbelief. "So he didn't miss! His plan this whole time what's to burn the Colors Trap on the Straw Hat's shirt.

Luffy pants heavily, now really pissed off. "I'm tired of your stupid paints. You're through... I'm not letting you take my first mate and I'm not gonna let you hurt any more of my friends..." He growls with a mad look in his eyes. "Now, I'm really mad!"

☠🏴‍☠️️☠

Meanwhile, aboard the Going Merry, the only remaining uncaptured Straw Hat begins to suspect that something is amiss.