Chapter 47

This is part 4 of a 5 part update

*****

Don't forget that there is a sequel to this book!

*****

Nothing's gonna hurt you, baby
As long as you're with me, you'll be just fine

Nothing's gonna hurt you, babyAs long as you're with me, you'll be just fine

"I knew that you would be the one to catch my bouquet." I hear Audrey speak from nearby, gaining my attention as Harry puts me back down on the ground.

I spin around to face my sister now. "Duh. Why wouldn't I?"

Audrey snorts out a laugh and playfully rolls her eyes. "You know what this means right?"

"That I just won the bouquet toss?" I retort.

"No," Audrey trails off, a teasing grin appearing on her face now. "It's said that the person who catches the bouquet is the next to get married."

I suddenly feel very uncomfortable.

Marriage is scary and I don't want to talk about marriage in front of Harry when we have only been dating for maybe a week.

"Uhm, babe," I hear Harry say from behind me, clearing his throat and putting a hand on my shoulder to get my attention. "I'm going to go get a drink from the bar. You want me to get you one?"

I turn to look at him and I instantly notice that he feels uncomfortable right now too. I don't blame him, he probably is thinking similar to how I am thinking about this right now. "Yeah," I force a smile. "Just get me whatever you're getting."

Without saying anything else, Harry awkwardly escapes this conversation and abruptly turns to weave through the crowd of people as he walk towards the bar.

When he is out of earshot, I turn back to look at Audrey. "Don't scare away my boyfriend!" I whisper shout as I shove her shoulder.

"I didn't say anything!" Audrey whisper shouts back to me.

"You didn't have to." I quip, rolling my eyes and letting out a huff. "We all know that you were about to make a comment to suggest that Harry and I might get married."

"Okay..." Audrey trails off. "But I still didn't say anything. Even if it's what I'm thinking. I really think he might be the one for you, Grayson. He's perfect for you!"

"It's too soon to even have this conversation." I retort. I don't want to jinx anything. I just want to focus on the now. "I'm going to go find Harry." I add before she can say anything else.

With that being said, I turn around to start finding my way to the bar to meet back up with Harry. I hope we can revisit our little talk from before the wedding ceremony. God, when he called me his good girl earlier, I have no idea why it had such an effect on me. But the words and the way he said them had me squeezing my legs together.