Chapter 15

"For Ninjago's sake, Lloyd," Nya whines when Lloyd wakes her up the next day. "Y/n likes you, you like her! Just ask her out already!" She says, pulling the covers over her.

"Really?" Lloyd asks.

"Really. Just…try not to make Kai kill you, alright?"

"Uh…alright…?" The now teen says before leaving the female's room.

"Y/n…?" The boy asks as he peeks into their shared room. "Oh my god!" He yells, shutting the door as he sees the girl still putting her shirt on.

The girl then comes out of her room, red like a tomato. "Yeah?"

"I just wanted to know…" He trails off. 'Just ask her the question.'

"Wanted to know?"

"If you wanted to be my girlfriend!" He blurted out, the words coming out before he could stop them.

He closes his eyes as if waiting for something to smack him in the face. He was honestly just waiting for rejection to slap and punch him in the face. Crazy what words from someone you love can do to you.

"Yes," The girl replies.

"Wait, really?"

"Yeah, Greenie," Y/n giggles. "I'll be your girlfriend. See you at breakfast," She runs off.

"Uh…yeah. See you there," He says before checking for anyone nearby. "I can't believe that actually worked!"

"Your new body is a fighting instrument. Listen to it," Wu tells the two children who were now teens.

Lloyd and Y/n were standing back-to-back and everyone attacks. They dodge and Zane's shurikens hit the watermelon that was being carried by Nya. Y/n chuckles as Nya shoots Zane a glare.

"Since they've grown, they've been learning faster, Sensei," Nya says.

"But will it be enough to challenge Lord Garmadon? Only time will tell," Wu replies.

Kai thrusts the sword at Lloyd, who blocks the attack, but doesn't fully stop the attack, thus falling. Distracted by his minor victory, Kai doesn't pay much attention to Y/n, so Y/n kicks the sword out of his hands, catching it, and pointing it at him.

"Hahaha, you're getting pretty good, but that move you fell, Lloyd, for was basic 101," Kai says as Y/n puts down the sword.

"Yeah, if I had focused more when I was little, I would've seen that coming," Lloyd says as Y/n pulls him up.

"We cannot change the past, but we can improve for the future. Again, and this time, do not hold back," Wu instructs.

Zane's Falcon then squawks as it returns to the Bounty.

"The Falcon has returned with troubling news. What did you see, my mechanical-feathered friend?" Zane asks.

"The Lost City of Ouroboros!" Nya says.

"Garmadon has returned to the Serpentine home base, but why?" Kai asks.

"Looks like they're preparing for a final battle," Cole says.

"Nya, change course. We'll head straight for them," Wu says.

"More firepower! When we attack the Ninja, they won't see it coming. Our forces will be so strong, Ninjago will be mine!" Garmadon says as Fang-Suei accidentally uses a blowtorch on his Mega Weapon. "Argh!" Garmadon said as he pulled the Mega Weapon away.

It was late at night. The darkness was comforting. Y/n's body had cooled down thanks to the moon bringing the sun's light but not heat to Ninjago. The stars seemed like icing sugar on a black surface as it sang the familiar melody of the night that everyone knew.