- encounter -

Sitting at home hearing Rick on the phone to Caroline, I glanced towards my bedroom window. Today was a nice day. Minus the focus point of our topic, it was nice to sit and eat breakfast with Theo. Sadly we couldn't spend the whole day together because he had set tasks already planned.

Not that I was attached or anything... Me, clingy? Pfft. Okay, maybe just a bit.

I could only wonder what his brothers intentions were. A stranger to the pack yet, a stranger that could rule it... or ruin it. The fact that Theo doesn't know why Samuel was kicked out still baffles me. What could he have done that was so bad a father, whose social status and reputation matters, would kick his own son out?  Possibly endangering their family name?

Though, we know Alpha Lance isn't the honorable, family man he pretended to be... but it had to be something awful for him to risk that. To publicly announce to the pack this dispute, which weirdly enough, no one had questioned.

Everyone continued on like it was okay. That it wasn't worth asking questions over but I wanted to ask some, because it's weird to me. For Theo to not even know why or what happened...

I don't know if Lance is that trustworthy, but if Theo is siding with his own father that he detests, then obviously Samuel, his brother, really isn't a good guy.  

There really is so much that goes on behind closed doors. You don't actually know what anyone is going through.

Even with my family... 

I wanted to pay  my parents a visit with Rick but so much was happening, it just felt too excessive. They could wait, they're locked up in a jail cell anyway, not like they're going anywhere anytime soon. 

It was hard to ease my racing thoughts and unheard questions. Reminding myself that the guy that tried to steal me would be dealt with, that the other pack would face their consequence as would my parents and all of it was out of my control, to stop worrying as if it was my responsibility to solve, but I couldn't help but stew over endless solutions and a desire to fix it all.

I'm not Luna but... when the day comes that I'd have to help with these things, I... I just don't know if I could handle that pressure. That responsibility. I can barely look after myself before I'm resorting to cereal for dinner because I can't cook, let alone an entire pack looking up to me.

I rubbed my face with my hands, sighing to myself. "Oh yeah, baby, that sounds real good. You can come over." Grimacing, I felt disgust hearing that. Why does Rick have to talk so loud? I am not hanging around to hear anything else traumatising.

Getting up, I decided to at least try and solve my own cycle of stressful thoughts with a much needed encounter with Felix.

It's been awhile and he has a lot to update me on.

Him and his mate.

Felix has a mate!

How bizarre.

I can only hope it won't affect our friendship. I'm well aware we can't freely be as involved in each others lives anymore, like how we use to at least with the sleeping over in the same bed and basically being in each others pockets all the time, I get that, but I just... There's a part of me that'll miss it.

Ah well, it's the joy in growing up.

It wouldn't be right to Theo and it wouldn't be right to Felix's mate, Elizabeth. There are just boundaries that form when you get involved with a lover. Boundaries that need to be respected. I wouldn't be conformable with Theo sleeping beside another woman he's friends with so, fair is fair.