(SPECIAL CHAPTER 1) LISA: OFFBEAT

Author's Note:

Hello.  This is a special chapter which is not part of the main storyline. This is specially for the side characters. I will insert this in between arcs from now on. You can skip this, however, if you don't feel like reading since it won't affect the story.

Special chapters are shorter. Sorry for the note and thank you! Enjoy reading!

PS: If you'll listen to the song, put it in x1.25 :D

L I S A

"One, two, three— Lisa! You keep missing, you're not in rhythm, follow the steps!" the instructor yelled, making her almost tumble because of the booming voice inside the auditorium.

Lisa bowed to their instructor and to her crewmates, "I'm sorry," she apologized. They paused for a minute to settle down and breathe because of their vigorous routine.

Unconsciously, Lisa reached for her ankle and rotated it slowly because of the tension in her muscles. It is aching a little, she's afraid to get sprained so she needs to be more careful.

"Hey, it's fine," Bambam tapped her shoulder when he passed by her. She gave him a tight smile.

"From the top," their choreographer motioned for them to go back to their places. Everyone fussed over their spots.

She silently followed until the instructor called her attention, "Lisa, focus," the latter eyed her intently and added, "You have the solo and centers in the choreography. You cannot afford to miss."

"Yes, ma'am," Lisa answered firmly.

The dancers lined up as they set everything once again. Lisa stretches to point her toes and spreads her arms sophisticatedly. Her fingers delicately pointed in anticipation of the rhythm they were practicing.

And then, the melody started to echo in the room.

She closed her eyes and let herself get lost in the enchanting music, her mind drifting into old memories from the past.

"You're not as smart so you can at least learn how to be prim and proper, you know," the strict voice of her mother rang inside her head.

"Okay, mom," eleven-year-old Lisa mummed her lips and nodded at her. Then, the sound of their front door opening interrupted the lecture.

She looked up to her sister entering the door, her mother instantly welcoming her, "Oh, Liliene! How was the practice?"

"It's good, we had a short photoshoot for the pageant," her sister smiled at her mother and put down her things on the couch.

"I cooked your favorite food," their mother guided her to sit on the dining table.

Lisa stood by the door of their kitchen, watching her sister's back. They are only a few steps away from each other but somehow... she felt like they were miles apart.

♫ I'm tired of being what you want me to be ♪
♫ Feeling so faithless, lost under the surface ♪

She slid her feet upon the smooth surface of the stage. She raised her hand in the air as she bent her back. She moved on the dancefloor, every step careful, afraid of missing one detail.

"You're gonna try auditioning for the cheer dance, right?" Sixteen-year-old Lisa averted her eyes from the poster of the music club.

"It's okay if you won't get in, you can watch our practice," her friend said to her. She stared blankly at them, not knowing what she was supposed to answer.