Hope

Before you read, I'm sorry x8248 for taking forever and a day to upload. I needed the show for some inspiration if we're being honest. This past episode was amazing and all, but I'd like to changed up the story from it just a bit. If you could bare with me, the changes aren't drastic. If you like it, vote for it and comment. ❤️😘 alright as you were!

• • •

Three weeks ago today, we decided to head to Washington.

Three weeks ago today we, lost Tyreese.

Three weeks ago today, is the day I have never felt so starved and hungry in my entire life.

Three weeks ago today, is the day I want to give up.

• • •

We've been on the same damn road for what seemed like a million and one miles.
No water, food, shelter, supplies. Nothing.

I dug my fingers into the moist sand, feeling around slowly. It was wet, so that meant there was water nearby. That meant a break, but once I'd realized I was feeling around in what used to be the lake I stabbed my knife into the ground repeatedly. I didn't know if I was pissed or sad. I didn't know honestly.

Where the hell is the break? I have a smidge of hope left that we can actually do this before I put my pistol into my mouth.

Somebody yanked hard on my arm, stopping me from my psychotic outburst. It was Carl.

"What the hell are you doing?" He asked, with his forehead scrunched because he actually thought I was crazy. I am, if we're being honest here.

I put the knife down, and slid it back into my boot.

He put his hand out for me to grab, and helped me up. "I didn't find anything." I told him, and he looked down at the ground.

"It'd be a miracle if you did." He said, and walked forward ahead of me.

So he doesn't want to talk? That's fine. I'd rather keep my saliva to drink than to pointlessly argue about something with him.

Beth's death affected everybody. It affected Maggie more than anybody. I can't really say anybody, because Daryl has said maybe a total of 8 words since then and none of which were to me. It's understandable he wants to mourn. Especially Sasha. She lost her brother, back to back. She lost bob and tyreese. I don't know how her and Maggie manage to do it. Then again I don't know how I managed to cope with both of my parents deaths.

To say the least, the world is fucked.

• • •

We continued walking slowly but surely. I was dying of everything. I had maybe a couple of sips of water left in my canteen, and I wanted to make them last. I had no food, but none of us did. There weren't any squirrels or any deer around for that satisfying meat feeling in my stomach. I would give to eat any kind of meat at this point. Although I wouldn't follow in Gareth's footsteps and eat a person because I'm not a fucking doofus, but I was starving.

"I can hold her." I told Carl, as he struggled to hold the squirmy Judith. "I'm fine, she's just hungry." He told me as Judith continued to squirm.
"And because you're holding her like a sack of flour, really just let me see her." I told him.

"Would you back off? I know how to hold my sister, you idiot!" He yelled at me, and Judith started to whine.

Everybody turned around at us, looked at especially Carl for saying that to me. I get it, he's hungry and mad. We all are.

I didn't say anything.

"I'm gon go and look. I'll meet y'all half up to that sign." Daryl said, and almost disappeared into the woods. I stopped him by saying I was coming along.