chapter forty five

j u n g k o o k

"Sir, your car is ready."

"Alright."

I'm going at midnight somewhere, that I don't recall the name of. All I knew was it was going to be that same dark alley where you would be scared of. And some illegal bars around the corner.

Making deals, fighting and wining, was beginning to be boring. They were all weak, they always want the same things and that's what I like.

Today, it's going to be special. It was someone who was reputed, especially in money. I don't know how he was able to contact me but once I heard his name and the local bar that he's doing his shit, I knew it was him.

Entering the car, the first thing I had in my hands was the tablet with his informations on it. I was able to memorize everything about him. Because his profile is fake, he made five identities, he's fake. That's how he's able to continue his shit.

I placed the tablet, beside me and stared at the road. The last thing that Y/n said to me was "I'll call you soon." And it's been few hours since she hasn't called. She's probably sleeping at this moment and just forgot to text me. Maybe she's really occupied with her family.

The car made his stop and I got out of the car. There wasn't much people I thought there was going to be. I glance to the right and to the left, until I spotted the bar that he told me to go.

Minho followed me, trying to act like buddies. He wasn't talking and he was just staring right in front of me. He needs a break. All he had been doing was to work. And I say, he's doing a little too well and too seriously.

We stood right in front of the bright bar. There wasn't much people inside, so they might be in the basement.

We entered as someone yelled.

"He's here!"

❣︎

"Great deal, don't you think?" I asked Minho, who was drinking his beer that I offered for him.

He nods, "I do think so, sir."

I put my arm around him and took a cigarette out of my pocket, he helps me lit it up and I inhale the smoke.

"Why don't you take a break? I'll take care of the expenses."

He shakes his head, putting the glass on the counter. He taps his finger, not liking the idea at all. Then, he brush his hair back, glancing at me.

"Thank you for offering, I don't need a vacation at this moment, sir," He assuringly said to me, taking his sweater and smoothly put it on him.

Throwing the cigarette bud aside, I put my coat on and gave the bartender a tip. He bows, taking the tip and putting it in his pocket.

Minho was waiting outside for me, arms crossed in front of his chest and leg crossed. He was constantly glancing to left and to the right. He's like a robot that could scan anything suspicious thing that could harm us.

Standing beside him, I close my eyes, feeling the air brushing against my face. The puffy air was a mixed of street food and the big amount of people smoking. I wasn't used to this kind of smell and people.

Looking at my right, my smile faded when I saw a girl running for her life. Her hood fell, revealing her face.

It was Y/n. My Y/n.

"Minho, get the car, right now. Don't follow me," I said as he nods, running at the opposite direction of mine.

She was weak, her legs weren't stable, that's how I was able to catch up to her. So many guys were stopping, just to see us in action.

Getting the ounce of energy I still had in me, I grasp her shoulder and the other one, stopping her. She turns around abruptly and started crying. She fell on the ground, hiding her face in her hands.

I crouch down, taking both of her hands to see her bruised face. I frowned as I tell her to stop crying.

"Y/n—"

"He's going to kill me! He's going to right now," She screamed, crying at the same time. She wasn't looking straight at me and kept shaking her head like a maniac.

"Who?"

She ignores me, trying to push me away. I held her waist ready to pick her up and go in the car, when I felt a bit substance in the palm of my hand. I look at it, and it was blood.

She sobbed even harder, pointing behind me as her nails dug in my hand. I couldn't feel anything, I just look behind me and there was nobody but people worrying about the poor girl in front of me.

There wasn't anyone. She's hallucinating. What the fuck happened at her house?

I hugged her, caressing her head and picking her up from the ground. Her muffled sobs wouldn't stop, she was still trying to get away from me. She didn't seem to get in her right mind.

"It's okay, I'm here," I whispered gently when I sat on the seat of my car. She grasp my arm, looking straight at me. I put my hand on her cold cheek, wiping the tears that was left.

"Jungkook?" She said before she closed her eyes and drops herself completely on me.